Friday, June 24, 2011

Email June, 24, 2011 One week down!!

Hey Mom!!!
Ok. As for me. I am doing GREAT!!! My story for the week. I was having a rough day yesterday (thursday). I was getting annoyed and Spanish was taking a toll, and eventually it led me to thinking about how long 2 years is going to be, and then I wanted to be anywhere but the MTC... Then I realized, well there is only one place I wouldn't want to be more. That is home. I couldn't live with myself if I quit now. So I thought of all my friends serving, and I got some strength in the realization that they have all made it through this point. Then we had some personal study time after dinner. I took this time to read the Book of Mormon in English. I read for an hour straight. I had started the B of M again when I arrived, so I was reading in 1 and 2nd Nephi. EVERY single one of my prayers was answered, every single one of my concerns was addressed. I felt the Spirit so strong, and I realized that I was just fine. Not just fine, but GREAT! I have so many blessings. I get to teach the Gospel for 2 years!!! What an amazing thing. So that is my story for the week.
Other than that, I honestly don't know what else to tell you. Time is all the same in here. It is hard to tell one day apart from another. But it is all good. I guess I am in the pilot program, which means they threw us into the fire as far as Spanish goes. We taught our first lesson that first Friday in all Spanish. ALL SPANISH. It was so difficult. But we managed. I learned the first day why the Lord has put me with Elder TreviƱo. But I didn't even think about why the Lord put him with me. I finally realized that when we were teaching in English for the first time a few days ago. We had to teach each other the Doctrine of Christ, and then commit the person to be baptized. The person being taught was supposed to resist. So I went first. I taught with the Spirit. I bore my testimony (is that how you spell bore?). The Spirit was so strong. I realized we are here to teach each other. In our lessons with Daniel (our investigator), I have done most of the talking, even though our Spanish is about the same. We both have things to learn and work on. Once I realized that, I started to love my companion.
I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This is his true church on the earth today. These two years are my tithe for my first 20. That is the least I can do.
I love you so much mom and family. Thanks for everything.
Love, Elder Naegle

No comments:

Post a Comment