Friday, July 1, 2011

Email July 1, 2011

Hello Mom!
Congrats to Parker Call! That is really cool. Missions are tight! Ok, so here are some answers to your questions. Hope I didn't forget anything.
Elder Bednar came and spoke last Friday for the mission presidents deal. Schedules were all messed up and lots was going on in the MTC, but everything is back to normal. Elder Bednar spoke on exactly what I needed to hear. Can't remember what it was... But I know it was what I needed to hear. Wrote it in my journal. But I can't remember anything that goes on in this place hahahaha. I saw Mikey T right when he came in, I sat a waited where the new missionaries were walking by. I have seen him once more, I knew he wouldn't struggle. He is the bomb. I saw Larson, or Hermano Larson I should say. We didn't have much time, but he said Nate invited him up to the cabin which is good. I think I will probably ask him to take my suit for me when I am about done in the MTC, but that is a way off. I haven't met the other group going to Paraguay, to be honest I could care less haha. I like chunky peanut butter. But don't worry about sending that yet. I got the memory card for my camera, thank you that will work perfect.
Ok. The good stuff. On Wednesday my companion started teaching a "new investigator". It was just our teacher Hermano Falabella. He is tight! He is from Guatemala and he is a good teacher. Anyway, we knocked on the door, and I thought he said come in, so I walked in.... Haha turns out he didn't say that at all. So I was trying to tell him in Spanish that I thought he said come in... Haha he didn't want to listen but my companion saved the day and asked if we could help him. After that my companion didn't say too much and so I taught the first lesson, it was so awesome. I studied real hard beforehand and everything just flowed. Now my Spanish wasn't perfect, but I was able to get my point across without any issues. So awesome.
Then yesterday we taught our other teacher, Hermana Salisbury. She is way nice. Anyway, I told Elder TreviƱo that I wanted him to take control this time and do the talking. So we walk in and sit down, we have some small talk and then say a prayer. My companion then started to teach the first lesson, a few sentences for each main point. Just rattling off. I finally stopped him, and tried to figure out who our investigator actually was. Turns out she didn't know if God existed, so it is a really good thing I stopped my companion. Then I proceeded to just follow the Spirit. It was incredible. I couldn't say everything I wanted to, but I taught her. I didn't teach a lesson. I taught her. Which is what they stress every single day in here. It wasn't perfect, I have lots of room for improvement, but it was awesome. My companion was frustrated with me after because it messed. I just smiled and said I was sorry and tried to explain that we should get to know our investigator before we teach her. My companion understands Spanish far better than I do because his dad is Mexican, but has a harder time expressing himself. So I do most of the talking even though I don't fully understand what the person is saying hahaha. I am probably way off most of the time, but I just pour out my testimony, the Spirit comes, and it is all good.
I am doing my best to make the most of the Lord's time. Lots of kids waste the Lord's time here in the MTC, but I am trying not to. I know I won't be anywhere close to where I need to be in the language when I leave here, but I want to put it all on the line so the Lord will bless me while I am in Paraguay. I love my Savior. He means everything to me. Life is so much easier with everything focused only on him. This is his true church.
Love, Elder Naegle

No comments:

Post a Comment