Saturday, July 23, 2011

Email July 22, 2011

Hello Mother!
Well sounds like everything is super busy at home. I hope that the family reunion is a success. It is weird that I am not there, but it is all good. I will share an experience I had this week and maybe you could pass it along to the whole family with the challenge.
Ok. So this has been the hardest week for me at the MTC. I got a cold last week on Saturday. And well.... It slammed me right into the ground. So the week has been pretty long. But anyway. On Tuesday night we had another devotional. Of course I was sitting with KO cause he is the man. Anyway. A member of the 70 and his wife spoke. Actually he might be a member of the 2nd 70 but i don't remember and it doesn't matter. So anyway. They were mission presidents in Bolivia. At the time when BYU won the National Championship (which was a fluke by the way, but they didn't seem to think so). Anyway. He was really new, and he went to a branch up on a mountain in Bolivia. He was speaking, and he asked how many people brought their Books of Mormon and he raised his in the air. Everyone in the congregation raised their books in the air. He asked how many had read it and he raised his in the air. They all followed suit. Someone on the stand got up and told the mission president that they hadn't read the Book of Mormon, but they couldn't understand Spanish so they were just copying him. So the mission president asked if they hadn't read it, how could you possibly know that it is true. A very old man stood up, speaking whatever indian language they speak there. Said, "I have had this book for several years. I can't read so I haven't read it." Then he held the book to his heart and said "but I can feel it".
This hit me pretty good. I thought about the people of Paraguay. I am sure I will run into someone that can't read. But they still need to know of the truthfulness of this Gospel. So I decided to try it out for myself. That night I put my Book of Mormon up to my heart and prayed to know of its truthfulness. I felt it. Once again, I know it is true.
If you are reading this email, I challenge you to try it. If you are sincere, you will get an answer. If you feel like you didn't get an answer. Ask yourself if you are sincere and you are listening for an answer. You will get one. This is the true church of Jesus Christ. I am his missionary.
Love, Elder Naegle

No comments:

Post a Comment