Monday, July 11, 2011

Email July 8, 2011

Hey Mom!!!
Well another P-Day in the MTC. Pretty crazy I have been here for over 3 weeks now. Time is really starting to pick up in here... Well kinda. Anyway. So last weekend was the 4th. Pretty exciting... Not really. We had a devotional on Saturday night and one of the branch presidents here spoke. His name was President Studdard I think? Anyway, he has been a personal advisor for 3 presidents or something. He was way interesting. Afterwards they let us go out and watch the fireworks of Stadium of Fire. I am not a big firework guy, and the celebration actually was kinda hard for me. It had been a really long day and it reminded me of the last 4th of July when I was chilling with all my friends. But it is all good. Nothing exciting happened on the actual holiday though. We didn't get mail on saturday or monday cause of the holiday, so I had a few letters to respond to this week so I didn't get around to sending you a handwritten letter. Sorry Mom!
That is cool that John and Joan are home. It is weird that I won't have seen them for 5 years by the time I get back. Tell them hello for me. That stinks that Nate is back in Twin Falls, but he is making a ton of cash so that's a good thing. Plus it makes it easier cause I feel like I am missing less at home cause he would be gone anyway haha. I would see Butch all the time before he left. Pretty awesome that he is in San Antonio now. He seemed way excited to me and I was way excited for him. By the end of 9 weeks I will be ready to go, but I will still be nervous. When you mess up in a lesson in here it is all good because the person you are teaching is a member (starting in August I guess they are going to start bringing in real investigators to teach, so I may actually teach someone before I go) but when you mess up in the field the person could miss out on being happier than they have ever been. So I will be nervous, but way more excited.
I dropped my watch this week. It stopped ticking.... So I popped the hot glue on my new strap off to see if I get open it up and get it working, and it started ticking again... Haha so the strap won't stay on very well anymore, so I bought a 3 dollar watch in the bookstore haha. It will work until I leave the MTC, but I was wondering if you could send me another watch. I don't like the ones they have here. Have Nate pick one out. I want a velcro strap. I will send this one home before I go because I still have my other strap at home, but I don't want it to break. Sorry for the trouble. Also, before I leave the MTC could you send me a bunch of replacement heads for my razor please? I have the Phillips Norelco. I just want to change the heads a few times during the mission. Thanks mom you are the best.
The temple is now closed for a few weeks, so I had a few more hours of free time today. Pretty nice, but I would have rather gone to the temple. I will probably get an opportunity to clean it in the next few weeks. Yesterday morning Elder Carter and Elder Fruehan left for the Dominican Republic MTC. They had to be at the travel office at 3 am!!!! haha but I am going to miss them. Especially Elder Carter. I really like that kid. Hardest working missionary you will find, yet way fun to be around.
So my companion and I taught a few more times this week, and during most of the lessons I stayed pretty quiet which forced my companion to talk a lot more hahaha. But I realized that when I was doing that the Spirit ceased to help me so when I tried to say anything it was much harder. So yesterday I went in with a good attitude in our teaching. We taught Hermana Salisbury (one of our teachers). It went really well. For the first time my companion and I had a little unity in the lesson, and the Spirit was able to be there much stronger. Our Spanish was more clear, everything was just much better. So that is my quick story for the week. I am grateful that we are in the pilot program. I feel like it is helping my Spanish progress fairly quickly. The district a week ahead of us in our zone is not nearly as good at speaking Spanish in my opinion, but I don't know.
Anyway, love you so much. Thanks for the love and support.
Love, Elder Naegle

No comments:

Post a Comment