Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Email June 10, 2013

Hello Mom,

Well sounds like a good and crazy week at home. Things are more exciting when you are preparing for a missionary to come home I think. But I don't know. Tell the bishop no promises about talking about priesthood... Haha but I might work it in there somehow. We'll see.

This week was a good one. I am back in my first area and believe it or not there are quite a few people that remember me. That isn't what it is about, but it is nice. It is great to see how much people have come, and also sad to see when people aren't active anymore. We have our work cut out for us. We have a teenager named Junior progressing pretty well for baptism in the coming weeks. His buddies are members, so that makes it much easier for him to have interest. 

I gave a talk on Sunday. That was fun to stand at the same pulpit and not be worried about being understood. I remember being pretty nervous for those talks back in the day. But now it just flows naturally, so I just have to think about a few ideas before I start.

I think the coolest experience of the week was doing the interviews for the missionaries on the other side of Trinidad. I interviewed the daughter of the family, and my comp the mother. After the interview and while we were waiting for my comp I started to talk to the dad. What an awesome man. We hit it off really well. Talking about motorcycles is always a good way to go. Up until the baptism he hadn't gone to church. The missionaries are doing a great job and he and his son were in church on sunday. It is really great to see a family progressing so well. The gospel has blessed the sister. The missionaries found her when she almost couldn't walk anymore because of bleeding in the brain. Now she does her daily tasks without any problem. She has a new hope. It is incredible.

Quick note. Destroyed my big toenail yesterday playing soccer after leaders council. Time to remove both of them... Make the appointment Mom. I almost passed out in the office while the assistant was putting a hot needle through my nail. It was hilarious. Not sure what happened to me, but everyone was getting a good kick out of it.

Well. Hope you have a good week. Jesus is the Christ.


Love you! Love, Elder Naegle

No comments:

Post a Comment