Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Email June 3, 2013

Hey Mom!

Another week down in Paraguay. Another week down in Utah. Seems like things are pretty crazy at home. Good luck with that. Things are good here in Paraguay. We didn't have much of an area this week, so it was lots of contacts and trying to help others in the zone find cool investigators. We did many divisions and it seemed to work out alright, the zone is really starting to kick it in gear. Of course we helped out the assistants a lot because we live in their house... but it was all kosher. 

So I had some of the most spiritual lessons of my mission this week. It was pretty awesome.  I feel like I am working the hardest I have in my mission, which is good for me because sometimes it is hard to work when you don't really have an area. But this week is changes, and then we will have our own area!

This week I did a division with Gardner again. It is cool to see how far we have come in this year and a half. We had a lesson with the grandmother of a recent convert. Up until that point she had been taught many times, without much success. As we got in there, we followed the Spirit, and next thing we know she is accepting the invitation to be baptized and to go to church. Was it us? No. It was most definitely the Spirit. I have come to realize what it means to teach a person and not a lesson. I have come to realize what it means to follow the Spirit. And when we do, well miracles happen. Lives are changed. 

Also we helped an old woman cross a stream this week. It was awesome. It meant the world to her. Is it too much to help someone out? Nope. Just do it! Have a great week.

Love, Elder Naegle

No comments:

Post a Comment