Monday, August 22, 2011

Email August 22, 2011

Hey Mom!!!

Well my first email from Paraguay! Sorry if my grammar is terrible, this keyboard is going to take some getting used to. Alright. Where to begin??? So I flew into Asuncion first class, how about that? haha it was pretty nice. The airport is a tiny little place. Customs wasn't anything more than a walk through some doors. President and Hermana Madariaga were waiting for me and they drove me to the mission office. I emailed you, filled out a few things. Had an interview. Then went to lunch with President and the office elders. We went to a chinese place. It was pretty dang good. Figured I better eat up while I could.

Then they dropped my companion and I off at our apartment. My companion is Elder Shirk. He is from Logan. These are his last two transfers, and he is awesome so they should be really good. Our area is called Trinidad. It is in Asuncion. The best way to describe it is... Well it is like the best of both worlds. Part of it is Asuncion, so a fairly nice city. From where our apartment is down to the river is extremely poor. That is where we have spent nearly all of our time, except for today.

So anyway. President gave us permission to rest, but I just wanted to unpack for a bit, then we went out. We went to teach a couple. The man has been baptized, but they aren't married and I don't really know all of the details. So anyway. I didn't say much. I can't understand a whole lot... I can understand my companion and other Americans that speak Spanish. But the majority of Paraguayans speak much to fast for me. Haha I just smile. I thought it would be super stressful but honestly I am having the time of my life. It has been the biggest adventure. So anyway.

We have taught quite a few lessons, I share my testimony and a personal experience when I can. It is pretty fun. Minus the fact that it has been freezing. I wasn't expecting it at all. I am doing my best to soak it up though, because I know it will be super hot in a matter of days so I am trying love it.

Last night we had a pretty funny lesson. So we went down by the river, which has been flooding pretty good. We were visiting these 3 less active ladies. We were just sitting outside the little shack thing. There was a drunk guy standing behind listening in. There were a bunch of pigs making a ton of noise, probably 15 dogs running around. Haha it was just a crazy experience. As I was sitting there, I just thought to myself. I am in Paraguay. What the Heck?? How did I ever end up here? But I am loving it.

Today we went and got a nice lunch and this little Texas barbeque place. Couldn't believe my eyes and ears. A white guy with a Texas accent. Thought I had switched places with Connor and Butch! Had a good sandwich. Man it was good!

Anyway. Life is pretty good here in Paraguay. Really really really different. Much different than I could have expected, but it is awesome. The people are really nice. They are patient with my lack of understanding. So anyway. Can't think of anything else to say right now. I am going to try to attach a few pictures. Hope it works out alright. It is super super super slow. So you only may get one or two. Sorry about that.

Sorry if you want more information too. You will just have to ask me more questions. So much happens that I can't even remember what happens. Well I hope everything is going well. It was so good to talk to you the other day. I love you so much. Tell everyone I love them too.

Love, Elder Naegle





A group of missionaries in the MTC all from Bountiful High

No comments:

Post a Comment