Monday, December 19, 2011

Email Dec 19, 2011

Hello Mom,

Well transfers are this week. I will find out tonight if I am going or staying or what not. Richins and I have a feeling that I will be leaving good ol Trinidad. Unfortunate because it is right before Christmas.... And I have an appointment to kill a pig on the 23rd.... Hahaha but we still dont know, so I will find out tonight. I will explain about the pig later on. As far as calling goes, I will probably call on Saturday during the siesta. Around 1 or 2 my time. I think I am 4 hours ahead. If I am still in Trinidad, I have it lined up with my boy Arnaldo, where we do our internet, to come open up his place for me. So I am not too worried about it.

It sounds like everything is going great at home. Tell everyone thanks for the letters! They are so great to read every single day. All of the individual packages inside were left alone, but I think they are just trying to mess with me at the Paraguayan post office. I got a letter from Jackee today, and they had opened that too. They put a big stamp on it and wrap it back up in a plastic bag. Hahaha it is pretty funny. I dont think it happens to letters usually, but apparently it does to me.

Alright. So I will start my letter with a miracle. Well it felt like a miracle to me. On Tuesday morning, I woke up and said a prayer and told my Heavenly Father that we had 3 weeks to find a house and that we really needed his help. That day at our lunch appointment I felt prompted to ask Ignacio if he knew where we could find a place to rent, a kid preparing to go on a mission (we were helping him with his papers, it is pretty cool). He told us about a few places that we hadnt looked and he came out and looked with us. They were all full, but he told me to go ask at a despensa further down the street. So Richins and I went down and asked and they pointed us to the sister of a lady who is renting houses. Within a half hour we had a lady (who speaks english, lived in Chicago for 10 years) give us a call about an available apartment. We went and looked at it later that night and decided to take it. We will be moving in a week from today. That may not seem like a big deal, but here in Trinidad it is really hard to find apartments. I wasnt sure how we were going to do it, but the Lord answered my prayer.

Ok. Now for some funny. Thursday we were visiting some less active ladies. They raise pigs for a living. We got them really laughing, Richins and I are pretty good at it, and they invited us down on Christmas for a pig. They got talking more about it and they told us they are going to kill it on the 23rd. These are the kinds of things Richins and I live for. I jumped all over it. I put a huge smile on my face and said I want to kill the pig! Let me kill it! I started making the stabbing motions with my arm. I dont think I have ever seen an old lady laugh so hard in my entire life. Then Richins piped in and asked, ¨dont pigs scream like crazy when you kill them?¨ Then he said he couldnt handle that so he would have to hide under the lady´s bed while I killed the pig. Oh man did that lady laugh.... Hahahaha it was so funny. I was laughing so hard tears were coming to my eyes. So anyway... Now I am going to kill a pig on the 23rd if I am still in Trinidad... Probably not, but maybe. Those old ladies sure think I am.

Other funny story of the week. Friday we sat down with a drunk guy with a second cause he invited us in. He was wearing green cord shorts. Not sure if that is how you spell cords. Anyway. Ofcourse being the person I am... I had to say, I like your shorts. Without skipping a beat, he said, REALLY? Here let me give them to you. He then immediately went into his house and changed his shorts and put the green shorts in a bag to give to me. It was hilarious. I would have felt too bad taking a pair of shorts from a drunk guy... So I didnt take them from him. But Richins and I got a good chuckle out of it.

Now for some more serious. Sorry for my childish behavior.... So not sure if I told you about Catelina, but she is our solid investigator right now. She is so awesome. She is the cousin of Shirk´s converts. She was having trouble recognizing her answer to the Book of Mormon, but on Saturday she told us that she knows it is true. It was such an awesome experience. She is going to be baptized this week, and her cousin Julio is going to baptize her. I am so happy for her. She has her fair share of problems. Her boyfriend is in prison right now, waiting his sentence. Let us just say that his crime involves the commandment, Thou shalt not kill. So he will be in prison for 25 years likely. But there is a bright side, she is accepting the gospel and living the law of chastity. The Lord is preparing people everywhere and it is so much easier to find them when recent converts are trying to find investigators for us. Catelina is already trying to share the gospel with her family. It is really awesome.

So anyway. This is a good season. I really appreciate Christmas now. Being in Paraguay on a mission will do that to a young man. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior. I am so grateful for his sacrifice for me. I am glad I get to celebrate his birth during this month. I hope everyone at home has a great Christmas. Thank you again for the package and letters. Sorry I dont have the time to write everyone back, but know that I really appreciate it.

Love, Elder Naegle


No comments:

Post a Comment