Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Email Dec. 26, 2011*

We had a wonderful video chat with Preston on Christmas Eve. He looks and sounds great. He expressed his appreciation to all that wrote him. Thanks for your kindness and generosity.

Hello Mother,

Well I will start this week's email. I haven't gotten yours yet, but hopefully sometime today I will be able to get back on and write. Just a quick tid bit for the family... I will be writing at 10 every week I think.

So anyway. This week was pretty good. Monday night our zone leader pulled fake changes on me and Elder Richins. He told us that I was going to Reducto 2. One of those areas that people don't want to go to haha. We didn't find out they were fake until Tuesday morning at district meeting. It was pretty funny, but I am not a big fan of jokes like that. Tuesday I said my goodbyes. It was sad, but I was happy too. I was happy to see the changes people had made while I was there. I said goodbye to Catelina, the woman I have been teaching who got baptized yesterday on Christmas! Pretty awesome. I got permission to call Elder Richins in Trinidad and talk to her for a minute. I am super happy for her. She is super happy.

I am sad to say goodbye to Trinidad, but happy to be here in La Paloma. My new companion is Elder Gardner from Taylorsville. It is very different. Not nearly as many members out here, but it is quite a bit nicer. Well, not my house... Haha unless you like rats... My house is huge. I attached a picture of it. The first picture is of Catelina, on the left, and her cousin Julio and his wife Rocio on the right. They are Elder Shirk's converts. I was super sad to say goodbye to them. The second picture is of Hermano Borjas. He just went through the temple a week and a half ago. I am so happy for him. He is the funniest guy. I got some really good video of him.

Well here I am now in La Paloma. My Christmas was pretty good. I had to give a talk. I don't think my comp has ever had to give a talk in the mission... Haha but I gladly volunteered to give it. Christmas in the mission is a lot different, but I can't complain too much. Thank you so much for the Jesus the Christ! It is amazing. I must admit, I opened it a few days early. When Elder Richins and I found out I was getting changed he convinced me to open it so he could see it. He was convinced it was a book of pictures. Haha but thank you so much. It is great.

Funny story of the week. Out here in La Paloma most of the people are better off the most of the people I talked to in Trinidad. So naturally they drink cleaner water. It was pretty hot one day. I asked this guy for water. He gave us water that my comp thought was questionable and I thought was cleaner than 75% of the water I drank in Trinidad... Short story even shorter. I drank, he didn't... Hahahahaha do I have the runs? Well I am in Paraguay, you can answer that question for yourself... hahaha. The answer is always, by the way.

Well one thing I know is that the Church is still true out here in La Paloma. True everywhere we go. I love being a missionary, even when it sucks. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior. I am grateful for this time of year and the time we get to celebrate his birth. Thank you for everyone at home and for your support. I loved opening the letters each day! I love you all.

Love, Elder Naegle



No comments:

Post a Comment