Monday, February 13, 2012

Email Feb. 13, 2012

Hello Mom,

How are you? Your son is doing great. He is a little tired. Just got back from Saltos where we played some soccer and ate some Burger King. I love Burger King. I liked it before... But it is really good. So anyway I am a bit sun burned because I forgot sunscreen and I am super tired, but that is ok. No I haven't gotten your letter with the mp3 in it. I got the Christmas letter from the stake presidency this last week. Post marked in the states the 17 of December. Not sure when you sent your letter. Haha so I got to read a nice Christmas letter a few weeks late. Also got to read a letter from my boy Mikey T in Taiwan!! Pretty cool to get that one. He is a good kid. I will be writing him back soon.

So I am sending some pictures this week. That would be me in a hammock.... Best purchase ever..... There isn't a place in La Paloma that sells them, but there finally was a guy going around on a motorcycle selling them so Gardner and I picked 2 up. FANTASTIC! I designed a system so that we can take them down and put them up in 5 seconds flat, so we can enjoy some good time at nights when we come home and the days when we don't have lunch appointments.

But... As great as that is.... Not the best news of the week.... So anyway. This week we really focused on Isaías so that we could help him gain that solid testimony. We were asking him about his testimony, and he told us that he believed the Book of Mormon to be true, but he had never asked about Joseph Smith in a prayer. So we committed him to pray that night to ask God specifically about Joseph Smith, the Church, and the Book of Mormon. When we went back the next day he told us that he still hadn't received an answer, but the way he was describing it kinda made it sound like he was looking for something very specific. We explained how the Spirit works, and how God will answer us in His way and His time. We committed him to ask again in prayer. When we went back... Well... His smile was priceless. So big he couldn't help but smile. I asked him if he had something to say, he said, yeah I have something to say, I prayed, and I got my answer. I don't have anymore doubts. I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet.

Oh yeah!!! One of the happiest moments of my mission so far. it was a cool moment for me. Like Isaías, I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet, that the Book of Mormon is true, and that this is the true Church of Jesus Christ.

So, the baptism of Isaías is lined up for this Friday. I am super happy for him. Also for La Paloma. It has a been a while for La Paloma.

Yesterday, as a cool little side note, I officially invited the oldest person to baptism I ever have. Born in 1926... And she accepted! Not all the old Paraguayas are stubborn!!! Haha she is super cool, but she can't see very well anymore. Her eyes are really starting to go. And she fell a few years ago. And broke her bum... Her words, not mine... Haha but she is a great lady. She may not be able to go to church in this life, but she has the desires to change. She said that she didn't feel right in her old church, and that is why she left years and years ago. So, we will see what happens.

Anyway. The other pictures are of my comp. Of the grapefruit that is coming along nicely in our yard, and some other fruit that I have no idea what it is... Maybe you could tell me? Yes it is edible, but it isn't ripe yet. So I sent you a picture of some honey that I got from the step dad of a member. He is a crazy Brazilian guy, that lives in Spain with the member's mom, but has a farm here and comes to sell his grapes from Spain here. Anyway, he asked me on Sunday if I wanted some honey. He never wears a shirt and is a bit goofy, so I wasn't quite sure what he meant.... haha but he literally meant honey. It is really good. Anyway. Love you all. Have a great week this week.

Love, Elder Naegle









No comments:

Post a Comment