Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Email Feb. 6, 2012

Hello Mother,

How are you? Your son is doing pretty good here in Paraguay. Well we got transfers.... And... Both of us stayed. As you will listen to in my voice recording, our entire zone stayed. Can you believe it? I cant. Haha that just means that next transfers are going to be crazy. But it is good. I think Elder Gardner was a little bummed he doesnt get to see Asunción for another change, but other than that he was pretty good about it. It would be hard to stay here in Paloma for 4 changes, although I feel there is a good chance that is what I will be doing.

So anyway. Life is pretty good here in Paloma. I am sending 2 voice recordings again this week. I hope the second one is small enough to send. When I go to attach them they get a little bigger than what they say, so we will see. Anyway. It is still really hot here, but I am dealing with it just fine. I am getting used to it, plus the beauty of La Paloma is that it cools down a bit at night, so sleeping with a fan isnt a big deal at all.

Alright. For the week. Monday for P day we went to this restaurant called Costillon here in Paloma. It is pretty famous here in Paraguay actually. It is like Tucanos or Rodizio grill, except they dont have grilled pineapple. They raise and slaughter all of their own animals. Let us just say that it is close to the best 45 mil guaranies I have spent here in Paraguay. That is like 10 bucks.

Tuesday I got a question about the Book of Mormon I have never gotten before. The kid said, I learned about the Aztecs in school, and they didnt believe or know about Christ. It was pretty cool. It is always fun to get doubts other than, I am catholic, or, I have already been baptized. Hahaa

Right now we are teaching a lady named Maria, who moved here to Paloma 30 years ago from Brazil. She is 72 years old! Yeah!!! She is awesome. She speaks only in Portuguese, but she understands Spanish. So sometimes we dont understand everything she says, but I am going to tell you about the testimony I am gaining about the language of the Spirit. In those lessons I dont understand everything she says, but I understand the feelings. She has really started to open up to us. I asked her if she had prayed about the Church, to which she responded. Yes. He told me to go to your church. Hahaha I love this woman. She is so awesome. She didnt come to church because she wasnt feeling well, but I hope she can make it next week. It will be a challenge to get her to church, but I hope she can make it in the coming weeks.

Sunday our branch president was gone to Asuncion, picking up his daughter who is getting home from the mission. The guy who was supposed to be there to conduct didnt show up, so naturally I was volunteered. That same guy, as it turns out, had the turn to teach in Priesthood and he teaches sunday school... Hahaha so I picked those up too. So after teaching two classes, we had a short fast and testimony mtg, and that was all she wrote. Not bad if I might say so myself. But the best part about it, Isaías came. He is still going strong. His baptism is scheduled for the 17 of February. I am super excited for him.

Well I havent had any funny stories lately, so I will finish with one today. Finally I had something happen to me in Paloma. Yesterday, my comp and I were standing in the road figuring out where we were going to go, when I drunk guy waddled past us. 10 feet past us, he turned around, starting coming back. As he passed my comp, he lifts up his shirt, when he gets to me he pulls out a knife! Now.... If I was a missionary who wasnt looking for a funny experience, I would have just walked away, but... Well.... Hahaha being who I am... Raised my voice a little bit at Mr. Drunk, and said. Tranquilo! Haha as he realized that I was a whole lot bigger than him he started walking away waving the knife in the air and yelling naughty things in Guaraní. Haha it was great. Hope you get a good chuckle out of that. Cause I sure did.

Anyway. Love you all. Have a good week.

Love, Elder Naegle

No comments:

Post a Comment