Friday, April 20, 2012

Email April 16, 2012


Hey Mom,

Ok, so I will explain the pictures first. Those are my hats from the expo. Did I go? No........ Someone from Saltos had to ask for permission, and when you ask for permission, things get taken away.... So... I had planned to go with Isaías and I told him I would buy him a hat, so he just went for me and bought me 3 hats. So he got a hat out of the deal, and he was nice enough to put some stuff on the hats for me. As you can see he spelled my name wrong, but I am super happy with the hats he picked for me and I love that kid so much so I didnt even care.

This week was a rainy one, Paraguay is finally starting to get some rain. Wednesday we just had an awesome day. It started with Josefa, Isaías grandma. She came back from her trip to Caaguazu, and told us that she hadnt smoked for 8 days! Oh yeah! She also came down with a cold, so we offered to give her a blessing of strength and health to keep her going strong. That is key, so remember that. After that we had a great lesson with Bruno. After that we were able to meet with a kid named Sergio, nicknamed Chocho. He was an awesome investigator but got a job in a supermarket right after we started teaching him so he couldnt go to church. We taught him and he told us. Hey, I read that pamphet you gave me. I got down on my knees, and I asked God if it was true. I felt  pretty good, and then I went to bed and had a dream that I was sitting with you guys in church... Wow. Wasnt expecting him to tell me that, but man was I sure happy. I have found that if people will follow through with the simple formula of read, pray, and go to church, every single time they will get an answer. The frustrating thing is that people have their agency and choose not to try it out. Oh well. Moving along.

Saturday. Josefa tells us that 2 days after the blessing she felt completely better, which also helped her to commit to a date for baptism. the 5 of May. Her husband, well not yet married, is not quite as sure as she is, but we are working with him.

Funny story of the week. My comp tells me. "yeah this one time I was in Boston, and I sung with the group I was in at a baseball game in a place called Fenway or something." I reply, "really? I hate the red sox, who were they playing?" his reply..... "New York or something. I dont really know. Everyone was making a pretty big deal.  Anyway, I fell asleep after 2 innings or something"....................  That really happened. My jaw got wider and wider until he said he fell asleep and I had to leave the room hahahahaha. Shumway is so funny. We get along really well. Training has its challenges and him and I definitely have our differences, but it is fun.

Other funny story. Well, you decide how funny it is. I saw a guy intentionally hit a dog in his car, and then about 5 minutes later he intentionally tried to hit us as we were talking to a drunk in the street. Can you believe that? hahaha. It was pretty crazy. My comp literally had to jump out of the way.

So anyway. I hope you have enjoyed the stories of Naegle this week. I know I sure have. I also know that this is the true Church of Jesus Christ and I am so happy to be here in Paraguay. I love you all. Have a great week.

Love, Elder Naegle







No comments:

Post a Comment