Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Email April 23, 2012


Hi Mom,

How are things? To answer some questions.  Those prom pictures look good. Niglet is a stud. I got a really good chuckle. That Cam kid was in my prom group my senior year, hahahaha. Funny how things work. 

Well. As you can see in the picture. Old Shumway and I killed ourselves a rat! It was just a little guy... I was changing and I saw him zoom across the floor so I yelled at shumway to get the brooms. He came in and we started moving his stuff until it came back out. I gave him a nice hockey stroke right into the wall, which stunned him, and before I could say rat my comp started beating the poop out of it with a broom hahaha. So funny. But I think we have made the family upset.... They have started to make quite the ruckus at night now. The poison just makes the rats here stronger... The traps are worthless... So I am thinking about throwing a cat up in the ceiling... But then I got a throw something up there to eat the cat... hahahaha Things are getting crazy here in the missionaries' house in La Paloma.

My other funny story of the week. We did a division with the Puente elders. I worked out a ride with a guy at the house of one of my investigators. Anyway, the second night when he was driving us, I ask him, "so what have you been up to tonight?" His reply, "just drinking some beers. I thought you guys werent going to call me..." Hahaha oh man I got a good laugh. He was a good driver though, just didnt see the huge speed bumps until the last second. 

Alright. Well. The good news for the week. Josefa is still going strong. She hasnt smoked in 2 weeks. Her and Julian are still pretty hesitant about marriage though, well not her, just Julian. But we will get there. Cool story for the week. We taught a guy this weekend, a super smart professor. He talked for like an hour and it was tough to get a word in, but anyway. He tells us that he used to go to our church back in the day when he was 16. I asked him about the Book of Mormon. He said, oh yeah, that book written by Joseph Smith. I explained a little bit about how the Book of Mormon came about and he responded. You know, the Guarani believe that the Son of God came and taught them. I marked him 3 nephi 11. He was super pumped to read it. i am super excited to follow up with him. We also found an investigator that Gardner and I found a while back. He left to work a while back and we havent been able to find him until he called out to us in the street the other day. He is a super awesome kid. About to turn 18 this week. 

But anyway. That is what is going on in La Paloma. I want you to know that I know the Book of Mormon is true. I feel the Spirit every time I testify of its truthfulness. I love teaching about the Book of Mormon. It is my favorite thing to teach in the mission. I hope everything is going well at home. Have a good week.

Love, Elder Naegle




No comments:

Post a Comment