Thursday, May 3, 2012

Email April 30, 2012

Hello Mom,

I will talk about the Mothers day call first, cause I just read the email from President. We can call on Sunday, or we can do Skype on Saturday or Monday. I would prefer to skype personally, cheaper for everyone I think. I would like to do it Saturday if possible, maybe in the morning like 10 30 or so. If that is alright with you just let me know next week. 

Sounds like you had a pretty good week this week. I am glad that you got my letter. Sorry it was a little late, I spaced a little bit. Grandpa is turning 80? He still looks too young to be 80. Oh before I forget, please tell Robert Nicholas that getting his letters in pouch is great. Tell him thank you so much for his letters. That is cool you got a letter from President Madariaga. I remember Elder Shirk saying his family got one, but I forgot about it. Well anyway. Hope all is well at home and Dad makes it home safe from Canada.

For my week. Well it was a pretty crazy one. We got changes, Elder Richins is training. Which means we are training together. What are the odds? I will have one more change in the training program though, then i should be out of Paloma but we will see.  We started putting down rat traps in the ceiling. Those rats are pretty crafty, and they can get the hot dogs without getting caught... So we will be finding some poison  probably. Elder Shumway was almost bit by a dog this week. It was pretty crazy. And yeah.  That is basically my week.

This week I gained a testimony of service. We had told a less active family that we were going to chop wood for, but it was raining and when it is raining the people usually tell you no for service. But we decided to go anyway, but we just went in a shirt and tie in case they said no. She said yes, so we chopped some wood in the mud. It was probably the most fun i have had in my mission. I love chopping wood. I miss swinging an axe so much. Anyway. Her 12 year old son was out with us, and he was the one that the mom wants us to work with cause he never comes to church. We had a blast. Next day. He was in church with his mom. It was a  cool experience for me. I really love serving the people of Paraguay. 

I know that this is the true Church of Jesus Christ. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior. I know that all people can be perfected in Him. I love sharing this with the people of La Paloma, Paraguay. Have a good week.

Love, Elder Naegle











No comments:

Post a Comment