Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Email May 22, 2012

Hello Mom,

Sorry the email is a day late, but when the internet is down in all of the district of Canindeyu.... What can you do? hahahaa. So anyway. To answer your question, yes missions are hard work and a sunday nap would be great... But I love sundays. I don't mind giving talks anymore. So yeah. Transfers are next week by the way.

Alright. So I am a little short on time, but I will fill you in on my week. So we had some cool lessons this week. Our investigator Eogenio is struggling a little bit to find a job and move out so he can live the law of chastity. Pretty tough I know. So we went back to the Book of Mormon. We helped him understand again that his testimony depends on the wonderful book. We read with him in Nephi, when Nephi goes back to get the plates. It was an awesome lesson. The Spirit was super strong, and his mind was enlightened to the truth and knowledge that he can find in the Book of Mormon. So sweet.

Saturday. We teach a lesson to Isaias and talk about his conversion and the conversion of Alma. We share the scripture about how Alma knows these things by the Spirit. It was a great lesson. Then we were walking to our lunch appointment. I was feeling good about having a good lesson with my Isaias, and I decide to go into a despensa to buy something really fast. While inside I hear a crash in the intersection right outside. so I walk outside, and the first thing I see is a motorcycle on its side. Then I see Isaias and his little brother laying on the ground. Never has my heart turned like that in my chest. Never. I took off running to where he was. Fortunately when I got there he was getting up. He and his brother were ok, just banged up a bit. I know God was protecting them. His little brother flew about 15 feet and landed on empadrado and wasn't hurt at all. Nonetheless, it scared me really bad.

I know this is the true Church of Jesus Christ. I know that He leads this work. Have a great week.

Love, Elder Naegle

p.s. This is a picture of the lady I taught in Trinidad. She got baptized right after I left. I finally got it. So awesome! She is so cool! That is Elder Shirk's convert who is baptizing her.











No comments:

Post a Comment