Sunday, May 20, 2012

Email May 7, 2012


Hi Mom.

I am attaching a voice recording from last week. I hope it is the right one. I can't remember the number. Anyway. Sounds like things are good in Palm Springs. Sounds like fun. It made me laugh that seeing the missionaries made you miss me. I don't mean that in a bad way, but think about how many things make me trunky.... I think we are in the same boat mom.... Hahahahaha. As far as the missionaries not having investigators in church, well I understand perfectly... But not this Sunday! I will explain later.

The big news for the week. I went to Asunción for zone conference and the temple! So great. I was able to see some familiar faces and hear some wonderful things from the one and only President Madariaga. I will let you know that I got him and his wife to laugh really good. We were presenting the new missionaries for the last two changes, so I was up there with the other trainers. It is supposed to be sort of goofy, and I made a good joke. I can't do it justice in an email, so I won't try, but know that old Maddog was laughing pretty good. Plus, I did it in Spanish, not bad if I say so myself. Next stop, portuguese and guaraní...

Basically the zone conference was about sanctifying ourselves, remembering our purpose and internalizing it, contacting a fool, and baptizing more!  A lot, but it was really good. Basically, the area presidency wants this mission baptizing 400 a month like it used to a few years ago. And, we're not.... But we will get better. Starting here in Paloma!!!!!!!!! The dove baby! I will figure it out. Don't you worry about me.

Let me tell you about my experience in the temple. It was great. I felt so amazing in the celestial room. I didn't want to leave. Also weird to think that Kelon was there not long ago.... 

But not, I am real tired. Thursday night all night on a bus, and friday night all night on a bus. But oh well. Far worth the trip. Also found out that the assistants and zone leaders will be doing far more divisions, and well..... Elder Colligan is my zone leader, he was in this area before me, told me friday it was his favorite area, and Elder Black is an assistant. He was also in this area. I could be seeing some divisions here soon...

Anyway. Saturday night we were with the family that came to church last week after we chopped wood at their house. I was with one of the kids, Luis, who hasn't been to church since I have been here. I told him, hey you should come to church tomorrow and bring a friend. He said that he doesn't know anyone, just then one of his cousins pulled up. I told his cousin, hey, Luis is coming to church tomorrow and he wants to bring you. Next day, both in church. Pretty sweet.

Also. I was in church. Blessing the sacrament, and my convert was passing. One of the happier moments of the mission. It was so awesome to see Isaías progressing.

I love  the mission. Not going to lie, being in La Paloma has been really hard, but it has been very rewarding and I love this area. I love the gospel. I love my Savior.  

Love, Elder Naegle

No comments:

Post a Comment