Sunday, May 20, 2012

Email May 14, 2012

Dear Mom,

Sounds like things are still good at home. It was great to talk to you! Happy Mother's day! Love you Mom! That is cool about Clint and Brent, 2 of my favorite people in the ward. Tell them to learn spanish and come to La Paloma so I can have some Priesthood holders in my branch....... hahahaha not sure their wives would go for that.

Well here I am in Salto del GuiarĂ¡. Played some soccer today and had our little half zone meeting. Pretty fun. Except I almost threw up after burger king. You will see that one on my card mom.... Things are still good here. I gave a talk yesterday in church. It felt really good to just get up and express myself freely without problems. I didn't have to write anything down, I was just able to share some experiences and hopefully give the branch some excitement to work.

I had a cool experience with my testimony this week. I have been reading that cool original Book of Mormon that you sent me Mom, and I got down on my knees to get another confirmation that it is true. Later that day, a preacher from some church started asking me questions about our doctrine. I didnt know he was a preacher, but I figured he was after about 2 seconds. He was looking for differences, and well he found it. The fact that women can get up in church and speak and they dont have to wear veils. So dumb. Anyway. He went off for about 5 minutes about how I was teaching false doctrine, and then I caught him off guard with my testimony. Never have I born a testimony of Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon so strong. I know. I know. He was without words. It was a great experience. I got my answer. Then, as we were leaving, I watched his dog leap a six foot brick wall only skimming the top...... I about pooped my pants..... But he just wanted to play! Hahahaha good thing God protects his missionaries.

The Book of Mormon is true. "Leave no doubt!" -Remember the Titans. I really want to watch that.....

Love you all. Have a good week. 

Love, Elder Naegle 

No comments:

Post a Comment