Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Email April 9, 2012*

Dearest Mother,

How are you? Well I am now 20 years old! Oh yeah! You will see in the pictures that I got my book, ate my oreo pudding, and my branch presidents family had a party for me! First of all, the Book of Mormon you got me is awesome. Thank you so much. I am loving reading it. The oreo pudding is delicious as always. And my members were nice enough to buy me a Paraguayan jersey! Wow. I am blessed. I will finish telling you that my birthday it rained.... All day... And it was Holy Friday here... Meaning.... I taught one lesson that day... So it wasnt all sunshine and lollipops... But who cares!!! My birthday was awesome!!!

So anyway. Before I forget. I went to Saltos today. I pulled out some money. Probably about 250 bucks or so. I am going to something called the expo next week here in Paloma. So I need some money. All the Paraguayan souveniers you can buy will be in one location, so that is why I pulled out the money. This will probably be the one chance in my mission that I get to go to an expo in my mission.

Well... This week was one of the toughest of my mission as far as the work goes. So I am going to tell 2 funny stories and something I enjoyed from that awesome BOM you got me. Hope that is ok. First funny story. I did a division with Richins this week here in Paloma. It was awesome. Loved it. Anyway. As we were walking in the street, we saw 2 people making out in the middle of the street on a motorcycle. Top Gun style but it was really wussy haha. Anyway. Richins has a problem with saying lots of words in spanish when he talks in english. So as we were walking by, when we were right next to them, he says. ¨look at this, No Verguenza!¨ Which means no shame. Then he realized he had said it in spanish and we about died laughing. A great Richins moment. I miss being his comp.

The second funny story. Well, it is a little more gross than funny. So anyway. I was eating some oatmeal last night. Just plain. Straight out of the box, just pouring it into my hand and eating it. So about the 8th handfull I look down at my hand and it seems to be moving.... My hand was loaded with these little tiny sugar ants.... Hahahahahaa so funny. I probably ate about 500 to 1000 sugar ants. Pretty disgusting but I am far beyond caring. I got a good laugh out of that.

Anyway. As I was reading in the Book of Mormon this week, which is really awesome in the original version cause it feels like you are reading a book and not verses. But anyway I realized how big of a stud that Nephi was. This week was pretty tough for me. Everything seemed to fall, and at times I was like Laman and Lemuel. I wanted to throw in the towel. I kept going, but my heart wasnt in it the whole time. Nephi on the other hand, his heart was in it the whole time. He was constantly striving to get that last lesson, to find that last investigator, to get one more person in church, he was a stud. It was a good reminder for me.

Well. I know this is the true Church of Jesus Christ. His gospel is the way. There is no other.

Love, Elder Naegle



No comments:

Post a Comment