Sunday, July 15, 2012

Email July 9, 2012


Hello Mom,

Sounds like a good week there in Bountiful and Bear Lake. Here it is not so hot. The work is great, but man is it cold!!!!! Hahaha I must admit I am a big creampuff now though, so it doesnt really count, but still. My house is an ice box. The other missionaries in my district all have nice houses with ac units that double as heaters.... One day I will be lucky enough to have ac here in Paraguay.... but this way is actually more fun. It makes getting out of bed a real challenge that can only be matched by the klondike campout... Anyway.

I am excited to meet Joel too. Sounds like a cool guy. Ask him if he knows Arcadio Toledo from Paso de Oro. Coolest guy ever. Now the branch president here. Also, ofcourse we will go to the black market in ciudad del este, and also the falls, and the dam too. You gotta see the biggest energy producing dam in the world.

That is a picture of the Paradise Burger by the way. My comp worked at a restaurant in Burley, Idaho and he knows how to make a burger. 4th of July was great. Go America!

So this week. We worked really great with the members. We got them excited, and we  had many members leave with us. It was great. We had many people committed to come to church, and well, it was really cold. So, none of them came. I was pretty bummed when the meetings started. But a few minutes after sacrament mtg had started, our 2nd counselor in the branch presidency (paraguayan version of Kramer from Seinfeld, I love him) brought in a reference we had received from him. When we visited the guy with the 2nd counselor, he just wasnt interested. He is a former Jehovas Witness, and believes and holds fast that there is only the Bible.  So naturally we didnt go back. But he came to  church, and he loved it. I was able to teach Gospel Principles, which turned out to be on the Scriptures this week. Afterwords, I showed him the baptismal font and invited him to be baptized on the 28th of July. He accepted. It was a great lesson for me that the Spirit can soften peoples hearts, and members have a much bigger role than the missionaries.

The Church is true. The Book of Mormon is true. 

Love, Elder Naegle

No comments:

Post a Comment