Wednesday, July 4, 2012

July 2, 2012

Hello there Mom! So I made a voice recording, but I know you like my emails so I will send it in a separate one so it doesn't take so long. I am glad you are still thinking about me there at home! Sometimes it feels like you are forgotten here in the mission! haha not really, I know you are always thinking about me Mom, but the others.... Not so sure.the package was great! I don't need anything else right now that I can think of. I will let you know next week if there is anything. Tell Maxine and Dave that I love their ties. I am saving the brownie mix for that really crappy day! haha. The 4th of July!!!!! Oh yeah!!!!! You better believe I feel patriotic! "And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free!!!!..." I will wake up on wednesday and sing my guts out. As far as my guts go... I feel much better. I was so dehydrated. Can't remember if I told you, but I was so dehydrated that both of my calves were charley horsing like crazy in the middle of the night. It was miserable, but surprisingly I was really craving tacos during all of that, so as soon as I could keep anything down, I made myself some tacos with the taco seasoning you sent me. Thanks Mom!!!! Love you! This week I realized how much more consecrated I could be to the work, so I decided that is what I would do. Saturday morning and afternoon was one heck of a trial to this, as everything we had planned fell, and my mood started to change a little bit. I realized this, and immediately directed my thoughts towards our loving Heavenly Father and thanked Him for my many blessings. Just then, I felt prompted to contact a lady washing her dishes as a man walked inside. She let us come in and sit down. I asked her to call out her husband, he came out and as it turns out is a member. He moved from a different part and stopped going to church. He wants to go back and his wife is interested in baptism. Tender mercy. It was really cool. I am so grateful for all of my many blessings. We have so many. Unfortunately it took placing me in a poor country to make me realize how blessed I am, but luckily I can say I am taking advantage of the opportunity. I love you all. Especially you Mom. Have a great week. Love, Elder Naegle

No comments:

Post a Comment