Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Email June 25, 2012


Hello Mom,

Things are fine here in Paraguay! I haven't seen any of the reaction out here in Paso de Oro. I was able to watch when the senators voted President Lugo out of office though. That happened so fast! In like 3 days everything went down! The mission has just told us to be smart, but nothing will happen. No one has a problem with the missionaries. I always heard that Bolivia is poorer than Paraguay, but I could be wrong. 

As far as this area goes, it is very poor, not nearly as nice as La Paloma. It is a branch that used to be a ward. We have had about 50 people in church these last 2 weeks, so we are hoping to better that. My area is very big, I have to walk a ton. I almost missed the sacrament on sunday because a house of women called asking for a blessing sunday morning in one of the farthest parts of my area....  it is truly a blessing when almost every single house hold in your ward back home has the priesthood. Something you don't appreciate until the missionaries are almost the only ones who hold the priesthood. 

The food... Well the water is killing me. I am actually quite sick right now. I threw up this morning. I also had the runs. My comp was in the shower... so guess where I was doing those 2 things? In the back yard! Hahahaha it was really funny. Mango leaves don't work super well as toilet paper, but I managed..... 

This week was good. We had a 2 zone training with Pres Madariaga. As you can see from the photos, we also had a wedding and we had the baptisms of Mariano and Araseli. It was super great. It felt so awesome. Mariano is super quiet and never laughs, but this weekend he was laughing and talking and it just felt great. I love the work. I love completing families. My prayer is that they can stay strong and make it to the temple in one year. Marisol, Mariano's wife, has a brother in  the branch presidency that baptized the 2, so I think he will be able to help them stay strong.

We found a really cool family yesterday from Pedro Juan. The guy recently got in a motorcycle accident, so their prayer quantity has gone through the roof. Naturally, the 2 mormon missionaries found them. The talk by Elder Koelliker titled, He Truly loves us, from last General Conference really struck me last night. Everyone reading this should read that talk. Also the wife speaks Portuguese, which made me super trunky for La Paloma! Oh yeah! I love me some Portuguese! Anyway. I know that Heavenly Father truly loves each one of His children, and the way for us to have happiness is to live the Gospel. I am grateful to have this chance to be here in Paraguay. I love these people.

Love, Elder Naegle

p.s. Quote of the week by Johnson. "Curiosity killed the cat... but not before the mormons baptized it!" I love this kid!











No comments:

Post a Comment