Monday, January 21, 2013

Email January 21, 2013

Hello Mom,

Sounds like good news from home. I sure do miss going to the Logan temple once a week, especially seeing the Paraguay temple at least once a week... But it is such a blessing to have the temple in my area. For one thing, 99% of the people know where the church is! Right now the temple is closed though for cleaning and maintenance. I got a card from the Guinns, please tell them thanks. Also please tell the Nicholas family thanks again for their monthly letter. 

Anyway. This week was a pretty good one. We were able to get ward night started again here in Moroni and it was an ok success. We played cake in the face with whipped cream. Pretty fun, I think we will have more success as time goes along. Hector went and liked it a lot.

Thursday we did a division with Trinidad, and Elder Hernandez and I taught Hector the Word of Wisdom. He committed to live it, which means dropping the occasional drinl Haha but he is willing. He stopped smoking a while back so there are no problems there. And he said he will just drink mate or cocido instead of cafe, so we are all good! Haha he is awesome.

The interesting thing about Hector is that he always tells us he is not looking for the truth. Just trying to feel good, and he does feel good in the church. "many people don't know they are looking for the truth until they find it"... so we are just trying to help him fulfill his commitments so he can gain a testimony. As Elder Bednar said, a testimony is essencial for conversion, but a testimony alone isn't enough. So, that is how things are in Moroni B. We are finding lots of cool people, working well with members, but people are using their agency and not going to church..... but that is all part of it. I have been through it before. Just gotta keep going. Elder Bednar said something very interesting when he came to Paraguay. He said many missionaries are obedient, they work hard, and they aren't seeing the results they want. So they ask themselves, what is wrong with me? to that Elder Bednar said, STOP IT! Haha, "Just be a good boy or a good girl, be obedient, and work hard". I am doing my best to be a good boy. I know the Lord will bless me with the success I am looking for.

Love you all. As I am sure that someone said, "whatever you are, be a good one!" Have a great week!

Love, Elder Naegle

 The  horse pulled cart in asuncion is a normal thing. My face in the other picture isnt.... 
Family Home Evening

No comments:

Post a Comment