Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Email January 28, 2013

Hello Mom,

How are you? Sounds like things are going pretty well. Send the Knickrehm's my love. Not easy to lose a loved one. The cabin sounds as fun as ever. Good thing it doesn't move... It will be there when I get back. 

Please tell the Faulkner's and Rich and Rhea Anderson thanks for their Christmas cards! Really appreciated! Also I got a nice little Christmas package from Dave and Jeanette. Awesome! Thanks! Paraguay mail decided to open it with a box cutter and cut the card right in half... I love Paraguayan mail.... hahaha.

This week was awesome. Super busy. Divisions. I did a baptism interview for the district leader in Zeballos Cue. The assistants had a baptism. Time was short, and it flew by. 

The first division was with Mburucuya, I went with Elder Wolfgramm in my area. He is so awesome. A big football player from Payson, UT. I told him about the new snowmobile and he about fell over saying that is the first thing he wants to get when he gets back. My kind of missionary!

Friday we did a division with the assistants. I stayed in my area with Elder Harris. He is pretty dang funny. We had a good time. I just want to share one experience. We contacted a reference that I have been trying to contact for a while, and the lady came out and said she only had 15 minutes cause they were leaving out of town. So we sat down with her, and it didn't seem like she was super interested. We were just asking her questions and trying to get to know her better. Then we started testifying about eternal families. Not exactly sure why, but the Lord does. That was exactly what she needed to hear. Her face changed immediately. She looked at me and asked, how does this work? Are you guys coming back? I want to learn more with my family. The Spirit had knocked on the door and she let it in. It was awesome. Due to time, we were unable to invite her to be baptized but I am sure this wednesday when we visit her she will be ready. 

So I was reading in el LDM this morning in Alma 25. Pretty awesome how the converted lamanites understood the doctrine. They knew that the Law of Moses wasn't the end in itself. But rather the means by which they could strengthen their faith in Jesus Christ. I have found that often times as missionaries and members, we get trapped in thinking the goal, or the program is the end. Elder Christofferson talks about this in a great talk he gave to mission presidents. It is so important to understand why we are doing the things we are doing, to strengthen our faith in Jesus Christ and be able to live His Gospel, and to help others out along the way. Just some good old Elder Naegle thoughts for you. Hope you enjoyed. Let us all do the things we are supposed to do, but remember why we are doing them. I know that Jesus is the Christ. Have a great week!

Love, Elder Naegle






No comments:

Post a Comment