Monday, September 12, 2011

Email Sept. 12, 2011 *

Hey Mom!

Sounds like everything is going well back in the states. It was weird thinking about college football the other day. People down here know one sport and two teams. Olympia and Cerro. I am Olympia I decided. They have cooler jerseys so that is why. Haven´t gotten one yet though, too busy buying my machete a few weeks ago. But I explained that in my letter I sent on Wednesday. Which reminds me. Got some dearelders on wednesday. Had to go to the office to pick up some BOMs. The zone leaders never bring the carpeta, which has the mail in it, so if I get mail it will probably sit in the office until I go get it.... But yeah.

Ok so this week. Monday was great. We had an awesome lesson with David. He told us that when he fell asleep last week in church (remember that?) he was having a dream and that he saw God and that he now knows that the Book of Mormon is true and that this is the true Church. So basically I was trying to wake up one of my investigators while he was getting an answer to his prayers!!!! Hahahaha actually that isnt that funny... But it is hilarious at the same time. wow paraguay has really messed me up. Tuesday I had my first opportunity to give a blessing in Spanish. Cool experience. Then I had a couple of more opportunities later in the week so that was good.

Wednesday this American couple pulls up next to us on our way back from the office, the lady says, you two on missions? Yep. Great! And they drove away. Well it was just a weird experience. They must work at the embassy or something?? I have no idea. I was just hoping for a ride.

Thursday we did a division with the zone leaders. Elders Patty and Clyde. Not a joke. Those are really their names. I think I am the only Elder that thinks it is funny though... Anyway. I was with Patty in my area. Patty goes home in 2 weeks. He speaks Spanish really well and Guarani pretty well too. He is just a really good missionary, so I was able to learn a few things from him. Always good to get a different perspective on ways to go about things.

Saturday we taught Amado again. I taught him the first time with Patty. I have met him before. His family are all members. Not active. Baptized a few years ago. Amado is a drunk. He wants to quit, when I taught him with Patty he was shaking so so bad cause he hadn´t had a drink in 2 days. But the interesting thing is, I never thought I could have any sort of love for a man like this before my mission. But on Saturday as I was sharing my testimony with him, I wanted him to feel the Savior´s love. I can´t quite explain the way I felt, but it was different. Anyway. I hope he can stop drinking, for the sake of his family. They have and hard life and they truly have nothing. Anyway...

This morning we had to go do service. He moved a bunch of boxes for an operation smile thing. Then got in the back of the box truck and drove for like 20 minutes to a hospital. Felt like a bunch of illegals or something. 12 missionaries in the back of a dark box truck full of boxes and stuff. Haha it was different but different is always good in the mission. So that was this morning. That was this week.

I love the Gospel. It is so much fun to teach the people of Paraguay. It is the hardest thing I have done so far in my life, but definitely the most worthwhile.

Love, Elder Naegle

No comments:

Post a Comment