Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Email Sept. 19, 2011

Hello Mom,

Well sounds like a pretty good week at home. It was a pretty slow week in Trinidad. Everything fell through it seemed like so it made for a long week, but it was good. As far as the package goes, maybe airborne, I could use more echinachea, and some equate face wash. I am not out of those yet, but I am just trying to plan ahead a little bit. That face wash has been great, and it lasts a long time. So one thing should do. Each week I will probably add a few more things to the list for the next package, but don´t feel like you have to send it right away. Just when you were planning to send it. The time is going to change down here pretty soon, not sure when, but the time will also change back home, meaning there will be a 4 hour difference. You might want to email me Sunday nights just to make sure I get them.

So for this week. Monday we had a lesson with Graciela. It was our first lesson with her. She is a neighbor to David, so we had his seƱora place a Book of Mormon in Portugese with her. Yep. She speaks the tongue of the Brazil and also Guarani. I speak neither of those.... Haha but she can speak a little bit of Spanish and she understood most of what we would say. So we spoke in Spanish, she responded what she could in Spanish and the rest in Portuguese. It was tight. She is investigating 2 other churches right now, but she likes us the most because we gave her a book in Portuguese. Tithing money at work! Haha it is cool. She is tough to find at home though, so it is hard.

Wednesday we did a division with the other Trinidad elders. I had to go over to their house. It is gross. I was with Elder Muedas. He is from Peru. I made the most of the opportunity to really practice my Spanish. This is a story that no mother wants to hear... But I am going to share it because I think it is funny haha. So while I was sleeping over at their place, their neighbors call at like 2 in the morning. The neighbors are members. I guess there was a guy outside with a gun trying to get in. He just waited out there for like 2 hours. They called the cops, but the cops in Paraguay don´t care about anything, so they told them they weren´t going to come. Muedas woke me up and told me, but of course it was early, so I wasn´t about to try to understand any Spanish hahaha so I just said ok and went back to sleep. It is wonderful to be in a place where I don´t understand much hahaha.

Other than that not much happened this week. Saturday it rained. Got to use my rain gear. Booo yeah!!! Didn´t get wet at all. My boots are the bomb. My coat and pants are the bomb. Well worth the money.

Damian was in Church yesterday. Which means I will have my first baptism this week! Pretty excited. He is 9 years old, hopefully this will reactivate his family. I am pretty pumped about it. I will send photos next week.

I am living it up down here. Life is good. The Church is true.

Love, Elder Naegle

No comments:

Post a Comment