Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Email Sept 26, 2011

Just a side note from me. I traveled with 26 elders and 1 sister going to Preston's mission from SL to NY yesterday. I had so much fun meeting them and I just wanted to sneak with them to Paraguay!!

Hello Mother,

Well sounds as if everything is going well in Bountiful! There was lots in your letter so I probably won't reply to it all but it all sounds good. Have fun in New York! That sounds like it will be a good time taking care of those kids. I am sure it will be a blast. Good work on all the peaches. Make sure to save some of them for me... I miss peaches. I bought some peach jam this last week to put on toast. It was good, but not nearly as good as our home grown peaches and your jam. Good luck to Niglet with golf. That is awesome. He is the man. I am glad you got my letter. Seems like it went pretty fast. It feels like a century ago that I sent it, but it was only a bit ago. Kinda weird what time does on the mission.

Anyway. So Damian got baptized! It was pretty cool. Shirk did the baptism for Damian. Also his cousin Lucas who is 8 years old needed to be baptized. So they told us that he had been interviewed by the branch president and he wanted me to baptize him. So when we got there we asked president if Lucas was ready.. Turns out he hadn't been interviewed yet.. President asks him, is your mom here? No. Your grandma is here right? Yeah. Ok good enough. Haha so he interviews him and I was able to baptize him.

We also had another lesson with Graciela on Friday. She is the one who speaks Portuguese. It was really cool, but I kept thinking to myself, man this would be so much easier if I spoke her language.... Get B or Joe down here!! B can take a break from dental school for a bit! hahaha calm down Erica it would only be for a couple of weeks. Get Joe down here too, not sure if he is in school or working or what, but I need a Brazilian ASAP. Haha.

So this week was really tough on my stomach. Paraguay finally got to me. I had a bad bad stomach ache all week. And our lunch appt. on Saturday put the icing on the cake... She is always a curveball. I always expect dead flies in my food stuff.. But on Saturday she comes out with just a plate of meat. Saying "I hope you like it" haha I thought oh man. As I start cutting it, I was just wondering what is this texture? this is weird. This smells way too much like the cow factory we walk past every day.... I realized it was liver. It was disgusting. I hated every single bite. Even the cat and the stupid chicken wouldn't eat it. Hahaha oh man I love Paraguay.

Life is good here. This is the true Gospel of Jesus Christ. I love being a missionary.

Love, Elder Naegle






No comments:

Post a Comment