Monday, October 3, 2011

Email Oct. 4, 2011

Hello Mom!

How are you doing in New York? Sounds like a pretty crazy time out there. You know how you said it rains hard in New York? Well... Saturday rained pretty hard here.... Our chapel is the stake center, sort of, and well there were 2 members there for the first session of conference. 2... and a bunch of missionaries. We watched that session in Spanish because our branch president wouldn't come unlock a door for us so we could get a tv out. But we were finally able to get it figured out for the second session. It was so much better in English. I was actually able to get something out of it instead of trying my hardest just to understand. Anyway. Conference was excellent wasn't it?? I loved it. So many prayers of mine were answered. I have never fully appreciated General Conference until now. It was just an awesome experience for me.

That is pretty crazy you were on the same flight as the group that came to the mission. 29 of them. 2 latins I think. There is a new elder here in Trinidad B. Elder Barker. Good kid. half mexican so his Spanish is already far better than mine haha. I was looking forward to being a little bit ahead of someone, but it is all good. I am not quite sure how the mission handled 29 missionaries coming in, but they figured it out somehow.

So this last Tuesday was Elder Shirk's birthday. We had lots of cake. He bought a couple of cakes and he finally got his package which had a cake and brownies in it too. It was a good week for me. His package had been here for a while but our zone leaders don't care about bringing us our stuff ever.... So I never see any mail unless we go to the office. We are trying to get it figured out. We might go into the office today. Our zone is weird because our district has 4 elders and the zone leaders, and the office elders are in the zone. Anyway. Hoping I have some mail waiting for me.

Funny story of the week. We were walking to go see this 2 kids that want to get baptized the other day when I see these 3 chicks pushing this guy out of their house. When he gets to the street he slips and falls down. He gets up pretty mad. Right as we are walking by, he swings at one of the girls. She dodges most of the punch, almost running into me. Then she goes after him. Punching the heck out of him. She gets him to the ground and keeps going. We just kept walking, even though I really really really wanted to watch. Anyway the kids weren't home so as we were walking back there were a ton of people all outside and we could here them saying that she had knocked him out. Don't mess with Paraguayan chicks!

As far as the work goes, it was a really slow week for us. Everything fell through. But I have faith in Christofher. Christofher was a reference from President Madariaga that wants to learn English. We have been helping him learn with an English Book of Mormon and the missionary english packet. He is pretty interested in the Church so I am hoping he will begin to really progress this week.

Anyway. This is the true Church of Jesus Christ. President Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet of God. The Book of Mormon is true. Life is beautiful.

Love, Elder Naegle

No comments:

Post a Comment