Monday, October 24, 2011

Email October 24, 2011

Hello Mom,

Well the good news of the day is that I got my package, I came straight here to email, so I haven´t had a chance to open it yet... But I am super happy. That is cool that you ran into Josh Moore. And changes are happening a week early because President Madariaga is going to Argentina for a training or something. So I will be in a trio while Shirk waits to leave. So I have 2 more weeks with him. And I am sending a letter with him is all. The other Trinidad elders are trying to send him with a bunch of crap, and I dont want to burden him with it. I will just send his address and Nate can go pick it up or Shirk can mail it when he gets home. Or you can go meet him if you want. Either way. Just let me know next week. Sorry I dont send more pictures. It is a rule that we can only ever have our cameras with us on P-Day, and so that limits what I can take pictures of.

But anyway. News for the week. Tuesday we had an awesome lesson with an old lady named Leyanora and her granddaughter. The Spirit was so strong as we shared the message of the Restoration. Then her drunk son showed up.... Se fue el Espíritu. But it was a good lesson.

Thursday we did a division with Trinidad B. So I was with Elder Barker. It was nice to be the senior comp for once. Not much happened while we were on the division. But we finished at the church with 4 baptisms for them. After the baptism we were singing Teach me to walk in the light. Or at least I think that is what it is called in English? I cant remember. Anyway, the Spirit was burning in my chest so strong. It was a great experience for me.

Friday we found a family that was baptized in 92 and active up until 5 years ago, so we are trying to reactivate them. They almost went through the temple, but her husband didnt pass the temple recommend interview. They broke up 15 days later... And they had relationships with other people. But they got back together. So we will work with them a little bit in the next few weeks. It is really hard in this area, because you could visit only inactive members, and all of your time would be taken up. But we try to mix in a good balance.

Sunday we only had one investigator in church. But it made me so so happy. He is the son of a inactive member. He is 9 years old and he loves soccer. He has big soccer tournaments every sunday because that is when they dont have school. But this week we asked him what was most important to him, and he said baptism. So what do you need to do? Go to church. And he did. It was really awesome. His mom was trying to get him to go to his tournament, so he is really solid. In Paraguay we say guapo.

So anyway. Sorry that this letter is pretty boring. But know that I am sweating a lot and working hard here in Trinidad in Asuncion in Paraguay. It is really hot and it is tough at times, but I wouldnt trade it for anything because this is where I am supposed to be. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior. I know that he atoned for my sins. I know that this is His true Church on the earth today and that Joseph Smith restored it. I know these things because I know the Book of Mormon is true. I love being a missionary and sharing these things that I know with others.


Love, Elder Naegle

No comments:

Post a Comment