Monday, October 17, 2011

Email October 17, 2011

Hello Mom,

Well the food in my stomach this week is sitting a little bit better as I am writing. Lets just say that it is nice when your zone leaders are in the area with TGI Fridays in it.... Haha so I am feeling super good right now. And I got your letter on tuesday when I was in the office, but havent gotten the package yet, hoping to get it this week. Got some dearelders too. Those come really quick. Well sounds like things are going really well up north.

Alright. So this week was different. We had interviews on tuesday. My interview was pretty cool. President Madariaga is all about obedience, so it feels like the interview is an obedience check more than anything. But I asked him how I could find more love for the people. He told me to remember that before this life, these people made the same decision as me. They are literally my brothers and sisters. Here in Paraguay, they are blessed far less than I am. Both spiritually and temporally. But as I try to help them become as blessed as me spiritually, their temporal conditions will improve as well. It was a really cool moment of the interview.

Thursday we went to the Dr for Shirks ingrown toenails. I hope I can avoid from ever having to do it. But it was pretty fun. I am pretty sure we were in the south mission, but not very far. Pretty sure that doctor does toenails for the south mission as well, and I read in one of KOs emails that his comp had to have it done... Too bad it couldn´t have been on the same day... but that was probably a month ago or something. mail is a little slow here.

Friday we got to go to the temple. Thursday was our original day, but because of the doctor we got moved back. The temple was awesome. I loved it. There were a ton of the newest elders in the session, and they all got headsets to go through in english, not sure why, but whatever. It was really cool in spanish. I am always surprised at how much spanish I am learning every day. It was a really cool experience for me. Plus we were there a little early, so they had us help in the baptistry. The pictures are at the temple. What a beautiful temple. but I still love my Bountiful temple at 6 in the morning on Tuesday. Doesn´t get better than that.

Yesterday I had a pretty cool experience with a less active girl named Sulma. She is really cool, but her and her sister just wont go to church for whatever reason. They come sometimes, but not very often. So anyway. Shirk was asking the usual kinds of questions that we ask, like how long has it been since you havent read in your scriptures? Since you went to church? And well I was listening, but I felt prompted to ask a question. So I asked her what the most important thing in her life was. She said her family. I started to share my testimony to her that I know that my family is an eternal family, and that her family can be too. And that is why we were there asking those questions. Not to make her feel verguenza, or shame, but to help her have an eternal family. Her attitude changed a little bit. And when we told her that we were helping the church start thursday night activities again she got way excited. It was a really cool experience for me. I love sharing my testimony with people.

The Church is true. Jesus is the Christ.

Love, Elder Naegle





No comments:

Post a Comment