Monday, October 31, 2011

Email October 31, 2011

Hello Mom,

Happy Halloween! Well we just got back from the office for Elder Shirk´s last interview. Pretty crazy. I should be getting a new comp this week and we will be in a trio for the week until Elder Shirk leaves. Pretty weird. Sorry I do not have much time today. We have to go out to Itaugua to get some stuff that Elder Shirk ordered a while back. So we are in a hurry.

Sounds like things are going really well at home. I miss some good homemade peach ice cream... But I will survive. You should go to the Tuesday early morning temple session Mom. It is a great session. I miss it a lot.

Well this week was a good one. It started really slow like most of my weeks have been here in Trinidad. But it started to pick up Thursday. Thursday we did an exchange. I was with Elder Clyde from Moab. We stayed in my area. He is going home this change. He is really funny and I had a good time with him. But anyway. We had been working with the branch to do a talent show for the branch night. So I was just hoping it wouldnt be a flop. It turned out really well. We were able to have 4 investigators there. The place was really full and a group of dancers came because some of the girls in the branch are a part of the group. It was really fun.

So I have been praying that Lord would trust me with some investigators. And this week I started to see my prayers answered. We had a cool experience with this guy named Daniel. We walk pass his house all the time, we have never contacted there. But early this week he called out to us. So we came over. I was kinda nervous. He is kinda intimidating, I dont really know how to describe him. But anyway, it turns out he is a member. So we set up a return appt and when we went back he wasnt there. So we went to our next appt and then we had to walk by his house to get to the appt after that. He was sitting outside, but we had somewhere to be so we just waved and kept walking. Then I see him at the talent show on thursday night. I go up and talk to him and he starts dropping me the cane for ignoring him... Hahaha I wasnt quite sure what to do, but I said sorry for the misunderstanding and told him we would come by the next day. He has 2 kids that are old enough to get baptized and they accepted the invitation. But anyway, when we were trying to get to know him, we asked him why he called out to us. And he just said he didnt know. But as we were leaving our 4th visit with him he stops us and says, I can answer that. I know why I called you guys over. I was looking for more peace. And I am finding it. It was a good experience for me. The Lord is answering my prayers as well as the people around me.

Life in Paraguay is good. We are so blessed to have the Gospel. I am glad that I am a missionary and I get to share it with others. Hope everything is going well at home. Enjoy your Halloween!

Love, Elder Naegle


This picture shows that his package arrived safely!! Happy Halloween!!

No comments:

Post a Comment