Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Email November 7, 2011

Hello Mother,

So I got a new comp on Saturday! We are in a trio right now until Elder Shirk leaves on Thursday. Elder Shirk already had his day with President Madariaga since he is gone until wednesday night, so he should be with us until Thursday morning. My comp is Elder Richins. He is from Hennifer, UT. Big kid. Real tall. I like him a lot, he is a nice guy and really out going. He is just hitting his year mark this change. He is the guy in the middle, Elder Shirk on the right.

Alright. So first off. I forgot to mention I got dearelders last week. Read a comment from Elder Billy Belnap saying he still hates cold showers.... Hahahahaha got a good kick out of that. I take 2 cold showers a day. It has cooled down a tiny bit here in Paraguay, so I havent been dying... But it is still pretty hot. I love showering and thinking of Bear Lake and water skiing. It is one of my favorite parts of the day. We also took a trip out to Itaugua last Monday for Elder Shirk, man was it awesome. I loved being out away from Asuncion. I hope I can go out there sometime in my mission.

Tuesday we had President Madariaga in our district meeting. I had to do a practice with him and his daughter, who recently returned from her mission, but was still a missionary. Anyway, it was pretty intimidating because he was a tough investigator, but I was able to share my testimony and help overcome his doubts. He is a brilliant man and I feel like we could really learn a lot from him, but this mission has been so disobedient in the past he is trying to get everyone to a high level of obedience, so I feel like that is all he ever talks about... Haha but it is good. I need it.

Funny things of the week. I am getting pretty good at kicking frogs... Haha they come out like crazy when it rains. I usually dont kick them, but Elder Richins is kind of a redneck and well things happen... Hahaha. Elder Shirk and I also got invited to be in a gang of 30 this week. The guy says to us, ¨we kill, we rob, we could really use your help¨. Oh it was great. We turned him down, so he just asked us for money instead.

Cool news for the week. I saw Elder TreviƱo at changes. He has been way out in the country. Like 6 hours away or so. He is looking great. He has dropped like 25 to 30 pounds, I am so happy for him. He gave me a big old hug. I miss that kid.

So yesterday I had to teach the Gospel Principles class in church. The teacher has gotten really sick, or so she says. She is crazy. But anyway. I taught about the gift of the Holy Ghost. It was a cool experience, but it was even cooler when I bore my testimony of the power of the Holy Ghost with an experience in my mind that happened this week. So the guy Daniel, who is inactive, we are teaching his 2 kids, anyway we were teaching them the Word of Wisdom. We knew going in that Daniel had a problem with smoking. As I said last week, he is pretty intimidating and I didnt know how he would take it. But the Spirit was there, and he accepted everything very well and committed to try to stop smoking at the end of the lesson. He has tried lots of things to quit, even the cooking up the cigarettes and drinking it and it didnt work, so it will be tough, but I know he can do it.

I love the Gospel. I love being a missionary here in Paraguay. It really sucks sometimes, and someone who hasnt done it couldnt understand, but it truly is an awesome experience. Have a great week.

Love, Elder Naegle



Elder Naegle, Elder Richins, and Elder Shirk

No comments:

Post a Comment