Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Email November 14, 2011

Dear Family
I am enjoying myself here in Paraguay. I just got back from all you can eat Pizza Hut. They stopped bringing me and this other kid pizza after my 19 pieces... Am I in another country? Sometimes it doesnt feel like it. But it does when you have all you can eat mondongo....

Tuesday we were with the Pintos family saying goodbye with Shirk. Damian is the kid we baptized and we reactivated his family. They are really awesome. So anyway, we went and they told us that they had made food. They brought out milonesa. Not sure how to spell it. Usually it is made with crappy meat or chicken. It is pretty good. But once again, I got to eat mondongo(animal stomach). They brought out a ton of it. It was Elder Richins first time eating Mondongo, mine and Shirks second. Let us just say that Elder Shirk and Elder Richins bugged out after only a few pieces.... Haha old Naegle hung in there until the Mondongo was finished. I ate so much stinking mondongo. I am getting pretty good at it though, so I think I will probably have to eat it at least a few more times in my mission.

Wednesday was my last day with Elder Shirk. I am glad he was my trainer. A great missionary. Thursday morning we dropped him off at the office. Thursday night we had the baptism of Sebastian. He is a good kid, and we have been working on reactivating his family. Trinidad has a huge problem with inactive members.... So sometimes I feel more like a hometeacher than a missionary because when we go out and do contacts we are almost as likely to clap a member house as a non-member house.

But Thursday we had a cool experience contacting. Elder Richins clapped a house, and turned and asked me which excuse we were going to get. No one is home, I am leaving, or my favorite, ¨otro día¨ . Haha without a pause I replied back to him. I have faith. We are getting into this house and teaching an awesome lesson. The girl came out and told us to come in without us saying anything. We went in and talked to her grandma. The grandma is pretty catholic, but is very willing to listen to us. It was a really cool lesson.

Sunday it rained... Paraguayans are afraid of rain. I dont understand. So not very many people were in church. Sebastian didnt come to get confirmed.... That was a little frustrating, but he will be there next week. But because Elder Shirk left, I am the only one that can play the piano. It was a bit rough, but I managed to play in sacrament mtg. With a little practice I will be able to do it every week I think. Sunday night we were walking across this little field thing, and because of the rain you couldnt walk without stepping on a frog. It was crazy. After kicking a few frogs.. My redneck comp decided it would be funny to kick one at me... He got a lot more mud than frog... Hahaha so I will be wearing some muddy pants this week. But the good news is that he did hit me with the frog.

So now that I have everyone thinking I am a terrible missionary because I kick frogs when there are so many I cant walk without stepping on one... Let me tell you that I know this is the work of the Lord. This is His Church. I am so glad to be his missionary. I love the Gospel. I love you so much family and friends, especially you Mom! I hope everything is great at home.

Love, Elder Naegle




.

No comments:

Post a Comment