Monday, November 28, 2011

Email November 28, 2011

Hello Mom,

I wasn´t able to get my package today because we did the first zone activity in a long time. I am not sure if it is here yet, but I will call the office elders this week. We are starting to play basketball with them in the mornings because they are so close. We played soccer today... Lets just say I don´t know why anyone would want to play soccer in this Paraguay heat and I got pretty burned, but it was fun.

So it sounds like you had a good week. Sounds like Thanksgiving was a good time. I had a good meal here. Those potatoes you sent me and a grilled tuna sandwich. It was good, but not nearly as good as a Thanksgiving in Bear Lake I am afraid. But I need to be here in Paraguay. Also got my hair cut on Monday from Elder Shirks convert. That is there house in that picture. That haircut costs me less than 2 bucks. Not bad.

Alright. So Wednesday we played some B ball with the office elders in the morning. As it turns out, the secretary was in Bennys MTC group. He has been waiting to meet me so he could say hi for old Billy. Wednesday night we were at the Pintos, and they were talking about their huge guinea pigs and how good they taste... So.... I might be in store for some guinea pig soon. But yeah. I am used to eating weird stuff. I ate chicken feet last night. About made my comp puke. I didn´t think it was too bad. Wasn´t good by any means, but wasn´t terrible.

Thursday was Thanksgiving. Elder Richins and I played some paper football to celebrate. I also had a pretty cool experience contacting. I felt prompted to contact a really nice house, so we did. We didnt get in the house, but we had a cool contact with the lady taking care of the house who also lives in our area. Then right after we ran into a guy outside his house next door without even clapping and we had a really cool lesson. He said he couldnt come to church cause he was going to be drunk.... Hahhaha but we can work with that. He promised next week.

Friday... Well lets just say the heat has arrived... We had a lesson with a lady who has a Book of Mormon from 1999 and she reads in it all the time to get strength. It was really cool. I am really hoping she will progress.

Saturday we had the baptism of Lilian. She is awesome. Her dad reminds me of a professional athlete but I cant think of who it is. You will have to help me out if you can. I also had to baptize an 8 year old, so that is him in the other picture.

Well Mother, family, and friends. I just want you to know that the church is true. Even when it is so hot you want to die. Quick side note. I heard that all the missionaries in the south mission have air conditioning. Run that by KO. If it is true... Well dont tell me. My fan will have to do... Haha I love being a missionary. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and through him the true church was restored. I know President Monson is a true prophet. Most importantly, I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer. I love him so much.

Love, Elder Naegle






No comments:

Post a Comment