Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Email November 21, 2011

Hello Mother,

So I wouldnt be too worried about the package. I am pretty sure it will be here this week. I will go pick it up next P-Day or something. I am sure it just didnt get sorted by the time the office elders picked up the mail is all.

That is really exciting for Jessica! Tell her congrats for me. Sounds like a good way to put lots of stress on Scott and Mary... Haha but that is really awesome, I am really excited for her. Tell Menlove congrats as well!! That is awesome! I was hoping he would come to Paraguay actually... But Africa is pretty cool too. Uruguay for Dane Hansen huh? Awesome. Wish I could say he is right next door... But Paraguay is on its own planet... I cant quite describe this place. Just go buy some Mandioca (I think it is called yuca root in the states) and start to eat a ton of it and maybe your mind will start to change like the Paraguayan mind.

Anyway.. I am sad to hear that the old Mazda is gone. I see a ton of Mazda trucks down here, so it always makes me think of that truck. But I also see a ton of Nissan Pathfinders too, more than any other car I think. Except they are diesel down here. So it is all good.

Well a little bit about my week. Not much happened. Elder Richins and I have been contacting like crazy... So that means some funny contacts... One guy, really grumpy I might add, started yelling at me asking if I personally knew Joseph Smith. I calmly replied, no sir, but I have never seen Jesus Christ either, I simply have faith. That shut him up pretty good! hahaha.

We had a really fun family home evening with the Pintos Family this week. That is what the pictures are from. They absolutely loved it. It was a riot. I have really come to love that family.

We also had zone conferences this week. One thing I think every single time I am around President Madariaga is that he will be a General Authority one day. He is so inspired, he has changed this mission a lot from what I can gather, and he is very smart too. He speaks Spanish, Portuguese, English, and some Guarani as well. I left the zone conference really wanting to be a better missionary and Elder Richins and I are striving to make our companionship better too.

This week we had an awesome lesson about the Restoration with a lady named Anna. She made it clear that she is very catholic, but she listened as we taught and the Spirit was so strong as when we shared our testimonies of Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. I feel like she is one of my first real investigators. And by that I mean that I am teaching someone that wants to know, and is doing what she needs to find out. Paraguayans are so tranquilo sometimes it drives me crazy!! Hahaha but I am getting used to it. I am really praying that she will progress.

Yesterday was a classic. That means that Olimpia and Cerro were playing. That means... No one wanted to let us in... Haha it was a tough day. But the Church is true regardless. I am having a blast with Richins, and we are working hard. Tell Menlove to get to know Preach My Gospel like the back of his hand, every page. Elder Holland says that Preach My Gospel was written to convert the missionary first, so he could then help the investigator. I love the work.

Love, Elder Naegle










No comments:

Post a Comment