Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Email Jan. 16, 2012

Hello Mom,

How are you? Sounds like another busy week like usual. Sounds like you are keeping up pretty well though. I am glad to hear you are reading Jesus the Christ. I am loving every single word in that amazing book. I am learning so much about my Savior. Well I am sending another voice recording. Hope you like them. Pretty boring I know, but I enjoy sending them. Sorry no pictures. I havent really had much to take pictures of. So alright, now for my week.

Well last Monday night was a rough one. We had the boyfriend of our investigator Liz, who is a member, tell us that she doesnt want anything to do with marriage or baptism. Turns out he was having a rough day, and was venting a little bit, but still it is tough because I am thinking some of it is true. We are struggling with her. I want her to see the truth so bad I cant even describe it, but well, everyone has their agency.

Tuesday night was a fun one. Staker came down from Saltos because there was a nurse from Asuncion that his comp had to about his ingrown toenail. The nurse ended up doing the surgery right there in our branch presidents house, Staker has the whole thing on film. Pretty funny. Late night though. Wednesday I did another exchange in Puente, but this time I went with Elder Bennett. It was a good exchange and we found some cool investigators.

Thursday the rain came.... Friday it continued to rain... But I had one of my favorite lessons in my entire mission on Friday. It was with our investigator IsaĆ­as. We were talking about the importance of the Book of Mormon, and I felt prompted to show him a list of questions of the soul, that the BOM answers. He wanted to look one up. We ended up looking at like 4 or 5 of the questions. The Spirit was so strong in the lesson. We were answering his questions. His countenance changed. It was a really awesome lesson.

I know that the Book of Mormon is true. It has so much power. I love reading its pages in my personal study in the morning, but I love even more when I see the people of Paraguay let the book change their lives. I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God. I feel the Spirit so strong every single time that I bear my testimony of that great man. I am so grateful for my calling.

Hope you have a great week everyone! Love you Mom!!! Paraguay is great!

Love, Elder Naegle

No comments:

Post a Comment