Monday, January 9, 2012

Email Jan. 9, 2012

Hello Mom,

Ok to answer some of your questions. Our attendance in the ward is usually about 20 to 30 people. During my first 2 sundays we had 14 people there, but that is only to be expected with the holidays. The members don't help us too much with the work, but we are trying to get them to help us more. It is a struggle in all of Paraguay. My comp brought back some dearelders for me, but that is all I had. Haven't gotten my other letter yet. Hope it comes soon. Hope I answered all of your questions, sorry I am a bit short on time today, we went out to Saltos to hear from one of our zone leaders, he missed his bus... So we had to wait a bit longer for him out there... He was coming from Santani. He is a Paraguayan. Great kid, but that would be tough to be serving in your own stinking country haha.

So anyway. Yeah we went to Saltos today. That place is booming. There is anything you want to buy as far as electronics or watches or sunglasses and stuff. It is pretty cool. Growing like crazy out there. Ate at Burger King. I am really start to appreciate Burger King now that I am in La Paloma.

Ok so as far as the news for the week goes. Well last P-Day we had a sweet grill session in my back yard. Made me want to buy a hammock really bad. It was a great day. Plus I found out that I have a avocado tree and a bunch of banana trees and they should be ready here in a month or two. So I got that going for me. I hope I don't move for a while. I can live with rats and roaches for a few more months, cause my house is pimpin!

Wednesday was my comp's birthday. So of course I informed our members so that we could have a good evening. They love birthdays down here. Our branch president's wife set up this little party for him and she was all secretative about it, it was hilarious. But she invited one of our investigators which was really awesome. Needless to say, Wednesday night was incredible. When it comes to giving us great food and cake, the members here in La Paloma got it down.

Thursday I did an exchange with Elder Wyatt in Puente Kyhja. It was a pretty good exchange. He has a bunch of taco seasoning, so we made tacos and it was delicious. Friday we had a sweet lesson with our investigator IsaĆ­as, and also with a less active guy named Maulio.

Saturday we were getting Lomitos, this arab thing that they eat here in Paraguay, and an American country song came on. Something about being cooler online. Don't know what it is called, but it was a great 3 minutes let me tell you. Haha I like hearing some good American music. We hear hip hop and stuff, but never country. It was great. I was never a huge country fan, but now I am starting to be. Must be the water....

Well sorry this email wasn't very exciting and all over the place. My mind is kinda scattered right now. It was a pretty tough week for me and made tougher when we didn't have our investigators in church. But I want everyone to know that I know that Jesus is the Christ. He knows how I feel when I am sweating from head to toe and no one will let me in. He knows how I feel when our investigators don't come to church. This gives me comfort. I love my Savior. I love being His missionary.

Love, Elder Naegle

No comments:

Post a Comment