Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Email Aug. 13, 2012

Hello Mom!

I am happy that all is well in New York. Sounds like a crazy time there trying to get Natali all moved in. Hopefully you are able to have a little fun while you are there too! Things are pretty much the same here in Paraguay. I found out last week that Shirk is coming down this coming week so that will be cool if somehow I can see him. His convert family is getting sealed. They are one of my favorite families in Paraguay. They helped me the most in Trinidad. It got me thinking a little bit, and well if Marisol and Mariano get sealed in a year, it would be like 1 week after I went home............. Good thing we can see each other in heaven!!! I love that family so much. Speaking of which, she gave me liver to eat this but there is no way I could give up a chance to eat my favorite dish. So you better believe I soaked up every last bit of juice with some bread. On another note, morning exercises just dont seem to cut it, my gut is still there....

Well. This week I focused on our mission emphasis. Exact obedience, the 8 fundamental principles, and working with members. In the center of that triangle is consecration  It was tough. But we had an awesome week. A couple of good things happened. I finally followed a prompting to contact a house that had some people living in it from Puente Kyjha. I actually know the guys family. Small world. Then Wednesday as we were walking, I was calling Elder Hill in my district, and I felt like I should contact this guy sitting in front of his house. I just let it keep ringing, but Hill didnt answer, so I turned and contacted the guy. He is very prepared. Bernardo is his name. Turns out his wife isnt so prepared.... But we are working with them. We had an investigator named Manuel tell us he received an answer when we thought he wasnt going to progress. But he lives with the 2nd counselor so naturally we are going to see him. he told us, and then said, I will see you in church on Sunday. Saturday we had a good lesson with our investigators Hernan and Hugo, Hugo is married to Liz who is member. Hernan is living with them and is a nephew. Hugo had to work Sunday to catch up because they were behind on some stuff, but Hernan and Liz were in church.

So basically, the Lord blessed us on Sunday. It has been a few weeks since we have had investigators in church and it was starting to wear on me a bit. Which in turn wears on a companionship naturally. This companionship having 2 companions who are very very very different hahaha. But I love the Oro. It is a great area. We are doing great things. 

I love the work. It is so rewarding. I love my Savior, Jesus Christ. He is the only way. I have really started to learn what true happiness is. You cant find it somewhere else. 

Love you Mom. sorry I dont have any pictures. I will do better.

Love, Elder Naegle

No comments:

Post a Comment