Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Email August 20, 2012

Hello Mom!

Sounds like a fun time in New York. I just got back from vacation too... Hahaha just kidding. Still here in Paso de Oro. And things are really great. That is crazy that James is married now. I still havent seen a picture of the girl he married. How is Judd doing? Well I hope that the Yankees won the game you went to. That would be a bummer if they didnt, but oh well.

Well I am shorter on time this week. That is a picture of me eating homemade peanut butter. I bought ground up peanuts a while ago and made myself a sandwich. Turned out ok. A lot cheaper than buying peanut butter. 

Alright. I will start with the very funny story of the week. We got a reference to contact a house. Naturally we went and contacted. It was old Johnson's turn to contact, so he stepped up to the plate. He clapped, and a little girl came out. He asked if her parents were home. She didn't respond, and she had a look on her face like she was trying to think up a lie, so I said "go get them" before she could say anything. She said no. "Why not?" "Because I am a bad girl." was her response. A confused look followed by "what?" in guarani was my response. She then balled up her fist and tried to punch me where it counts! hahaha I dodged, then she went for the sand on the ground. She first threw at Johnson, he hid behind a tree, then she came after me. I took off running away from a 5 year old girl throwing sand at me!!! hahahahahahaha so funny. Finally the mom came out and started yelling at the girl or I think she would have followed me forever. You better believe we tried to contact it again 2 days later..... No luck. This time she decided calling Johnson ugly would be more fun! hahahahaha

So anyway. We also had lightning strike about 2 blocks away from us. Almost pooped my pants. That was scary.

So we had a great lesson this week with Hugo and Hernan. We talked about the Doctrine of Christ. Hugo already knows so much from being taught before, but it was a great lesson. The Spirit was so strong. Hugo shared his testimony with Hernan about how he came to know that the church is true. Hernan is so close as well. We were finally able to put a solid baptismal date for the first of September. They were both in church yesterday and from what I could tell had a great time. The goal of Hugo and Liz is to be sealed in the temple, it is awesome. But there is that step of baptism first Hugo... I am so blessed to be a part of the work here in Paso de Oro. The members are really starting to help us. Attendance was as high as it has been since Paso de Oro became a branch again, and members brought 5 new people to church that we will be visiting this week. It is so awesome. 

As for me. Well I am focussing on becoming more like the Savior. I have noticed my patience becoming thin, but there is no good reason for it. I am trying to have more charity as well. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is wonderful, it is helping me so much.

Love you all. Have a good week. Quick note. One year ago today I touched down in Paraguay. Oh yeah!!!

Love, Elder Naegle

No comments:

Post a Comment