Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Email July 30, 2012

Hey Mom,

Here I am in Paraguay... And life is wonderful! Isnt it? We are so blessed. So what all happened with Nate's mission reunion? I didn't get any news. As far as investigators right now, we have several. The problem is that the church is very far away, so that seems to be the problem. We had several committed to go on Sunday, and it rained. I woke up at 4 am and heard thunder to shake the house, and I immediately rolled over and started praying that it would all pass. We had 8 people in church in all. Rough week. I gave another talk this week. 2nd week in a row! Oh yeah! I am going to make a tradition of it I think. 

Yes the branch president is fired up to work, but right now he has to cover for others at work because of vacations, so he his super busy. He is a security guard at the temple. 

Alright. As far as my week goes. well last monday I got an email from old Elder Billy Belnap, and this is how it closed, " Love you all my friends, we are all doing pretty well. But we can do more." The truth is, I can do a lot more. This statement hit me pretty hard. So I went out and gave it %110 this week. Just when I did that, every single thing that we planned fell through. It was a rough week. Saturday in my studies, I realized as I studied in ch2 of PMG that my studies are not nearly good enough. It says that our studies will give us the strength to endure to the end. So I studied harder. Went out and worked. Everything fell again... But I kept a smile on my face and kept going. And you know what?? God blessed me for that. We were able to finally talk to Hugo Gomez. His wife is a less active member, and due to a misunderstanding the missionaries thought they weren't married and dropped them cane until he stopped investigating. We have been doing what we can to try with them, we did a service project there, but it didn't seem like it was going anywhere. Then Saturday night we tried again, he came out, let us in and we sat down. They explained what had happened to them and that he wants to get baptized and go to the temple. He accepted a baptismal date for the end of August. Unfortunately the rain deterred them from attending church, but that is ok. I am very grateful for tender mercies. 

Well. Love you all. Have a good week. I know Jesus Christ is my Savior.

Love, Elder Naegle

p.s. I did a division with Elder Olds this week. He has relatives from Toquerville/southern utah area. He got a picture from his family of a war memorial with a bunch of Naegle's on it or something. I can't remember. But maybe Grandma and Grandpa know some Olds down there.
Also. That is one big spider. I found one equally that big in my house last night. I burned him.... And that is pique on my foot... hahahaha






No comments:

Post a Comment