Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Email Sept. 10, 2012

Dear Mom, 

Sounds like you had a good week. Mine was pretty good as well. Unfortunately I ended it being sick.... Saturday night was a rough one for me as well as Sunday. But I feel a little better today so that is good. That is cool that dad is going to pace Terry in the race. I need to get back into shape when I get home... 30 minutes every day just isnt cuttin it for me right now... The verb book that I have is one I bought in the MTC, so Nate must have left his in the mission.

Well, things are good. We saw some good success again this week and we had 5 investigators in church. We have the baptism of Lorena this week, who is 9 years old and the daughter of the president of the relief society. My branch pres forgot to get her baptized... Haha so another 1 week baptism for us.  We were going to have 2 more this weekend, but we felt that they are quite ready yet, so we changed their fecha for the 22 of september. This week I would like to ask some special prayers. We are teaching several people that live in an asentimiento it is called, basically they were able to move in there for free, but this place doesn't allow ANY religion (which is ridiculous, the first time I have ever heard of this in my mission). Well I wasn't going to let that stop me, so I went in another way like Alma! but this is making people mad. So I am going to set up an appointment with the president of the place and try to get permission. Please pray that the Spirit will soften her heart. If not, well we will figure something out!! Because we have 4 people with a baptismal date there!

We are also teaching an awesome lady named Graciela who is now coming to church on a regular basis and she has a bunch of friends in the church, but her future husband doesn't want to get married. We had a lesson with him on tuesday and he committed to read in the BOM and we haven't been able to talk to him since, but the Spirit will work with him too. Only a matter of time.

The Spirit is burning here in Gold Pass! It is awesome! I am grateful to be a part of it.

Love, Elder Naegle

No comments:

Post a Comment