Saturday, September 8, 2012

Sept. 3, 2012

Hello Mom,


Well I am still here in Paso de Oro with Elder Johnson. Also as you can see in the pictures! Baptisms! Wahoo! So awesome.But anyway. Sounds like things are good in Bountiful and Bear Lake. Oquirrah Mountain temple, not sure how to spell it, sounds cool. Found out in zone conference that we can only go to the temple once a year.... so our october trip.... no more! But that is ok. I count my many blessings. Many missionaries dont have a temple in their mission, and many members cant go at all.... Let us pray for them!!! 

So it was an awesome week here in Paso de Oro. Kind of slow, a 3rd change with a comp is hard as it turns out, but it was good. Things were crazy trying to get the baptism together, but we finally were able to get it. Rosi was baptized after waiting 3 years! Also Hernan and his cousin Danca were baptized. I want to talk about the baptism of Hernan. He means a lot to me. He was probably the most ready for baptism out of any of the converts I have personally taught. After coming up out of the water, he just stood there for a second letting the water run down his face and taking it all in. The Spirit was so strong. As soon as he opened his eyes, I gave him a big old hug! It was awesome. Then I baptized Rosi, who almost couldnt believe that it was finally happening. She had a phone interview with Pres. Madariaga and afterwards he called me and said how prepared she was. It was awesome. Our branch president invited me to do the confirmation of Rosi as well in sacrament mtg. Another great experience.

We also had a bunch of investigators in church. A few more couldnt come because their child was very sick, but things are turning around here in Paso de Oro. We had something like 20 Priesthood/potential holders in church. Something that I had put as a goal when I got here. Get more Priesthood! So awesome. The Lord is blessing us a lot here and we are trying our best to keep up. This is the Lords Church.

Love, Elder Naegle





No comments:

Post a Comment