Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Email Sept. 17, 2012

Hello Mom,

It is Hottttttt!!!!! Hahahaha I am sweating a lot, maybe that will encourage those worms inside of me to come out.... I was so sick last week. I actually spent my first and entire day in the house, it really stunk, never doing that again! But I am way better now. Told the family Mariano and Marisol about it, and she says, "that is nothing you ate, you got worms!" Her kid pooped out 16 worms the other day! It makes me so sad cause he is the cutest kid in the entire world. p.s. The plan is to go to the temple with the family the week you come down to pick me up!!! Everything has to work out just right, but Mariano just got sustained in stake conference to receive the Mel. Priesthood! He is so awesome. Give him 9 more months and he will be ready for the temple!

Anyway. Stake conference yesterday. So awesome. We were able to hear from our beloved prophet, President Monson. As well as Elder Andersen. It was a satelite conference for Paraguay and Uruguay. What up KO!!! It was cool to hear Elder Andersen speak in Spanish and call for more missionaries. Afterwards I was able to talk to Hernan, who just got baptized, and he told me that he is going on a mission for sure. He just has to wait a year. He is fired up. It is awesome.

I guess I didnt explain the asentimiento very well. Not exactly an apartment building... It is a neighborhood, where people dont have to pay to get a piece of land. So many people have dirt floors and plastic bags for walls. It is really sad, but the Gospel is the only solution! I talked to Pres. Madariaga last week, who seemed very interested in the situation because it is illegal to prohibit religion in a free country. He told me to continue teaching there, but not do any active proselyting. So that is what we are doing. Nothing has really happened. Someone will probably tell me to leave at some point, but.... well nothing they can do. Plus I am bigger than them.... Haha

I quickly want to talk about 1 Nephi 16 I think it is. When Nephi breaks his bow. Nephi breaks it, and unlike his brothers, makes a new bow and goes hunting. Well this is just like life in so many situations. It happened to me this week as I offended one of our investigators. Her feelings were closer to the surface than the U.S. flag on the surface of the moon apparently.... Complete accident, but I had to know if she could read because she denied when I asked her to read... Anyway. Wouldnt talk to us for a week. At first, I was really sad and felt terrible but I realized that I was being like Laman and Lemuel. I had to just fix the problem. So yesterday we were finally able to find her by a field, and I had to ask for forgiveness in front of lots of people. It wasn't fun but I was able to make a new bow. We found her real doubts. It was a good learning experience. Makes me think about Dad every time I read that story. Something breaks, he fixes it, I get the Excursion and boat stuck... He helps me find the way to get out. Life is too short to get hung up in our problems. 

I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior. His Atonement is perfect. It has the power to free us from our problems. We just have to put our will in line with His and our Father's. 

Love, Elder Naegle

No comments:

Post a Comment