Monday, December 10, 2012

Email Dec. 10, 2012

Hello Mom,

Sounds like a really good week! Congrats to those that got their mission calls. Sounds like things are really good. Your trip to Nevada sounded like fun. Not sure if Genoa is the first place I want to go when I get home though....

I figured Benny would do a great job. That is great. Steve extended huh? Elder Arnold laid down the law in this mission, you cant extend... So you won't have to worry about me! Man I sure do miss all my buddies. I have seen Kayo most recently, but I still miss everyone like crazy. How is Dan, Michael, Steve, Butch, and everyone else doing? I heard a song coming from some guy's car the other day that Butch always listened to and I about fell over. Couldn't believe that eating seeds is a past time activity here in Paraguay as well... Butch will get that one. 

Well this week was really good. As you can see from the pictures, we were able to baptize Grandma Sinfo. Wasn't easy though. About the most stressful day of my mission. My convert was able to baptize his 8 year old daughter. I got in the font to help Pres. Gonzalez baptize his mom. He said the prayer, and she backed out. She said, I can't do it! Just poor some water on my head! I couldn't believe it, but I said a silent prayer as Pres. Gonzalez talked to her in Guarani and calmed her down. We were able to baptize her. It was a special moment. Many prayers have been offered in her behalf for many years. Unfortunately she was sick yesterday so she wasn't confirmed, but next week!

So it says in the handbook that holidays are great times to proselyte  The 8th is the Virgin Mary day. A pretty big deal here. Scratch that, a huge deal. But it turns out that it was a pretty good day. We were able to find some people that accepted a baptismal date. 

The Doctrine of Christ is for everyone, it doesn't matter what they believe. I am trying to apply it the best I can in my life and as I do that I can see the blessings. The desire to share it with others grows every day.

I love you Mom, and everyone else.

Love, Elder Naegle

p.s. I am going to hit 18 months this week. That means I only have 6 months for you all to send me letters and packages while I am in another country. Better take advantage of that once in a life time opportunity!!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment