Monday, March 11, 2013

Email March 11, 2013

Hello Mom,

So we got changes today. This was only a 4 week change. We are both staying. So I will have 3 and a half changes with Elder Palacios it looks like. 4 areas in my mission with 8 comps, not counting the MTC. Assuming nothing changes. By the way, I am going home when we had planned. Everyone is going home on their normal return date, at least until the new mission president comes.

So life is good. We are having the baptism of Maria Jose tomorrow. I am pumped! It should be awesome. She is going through heck with her family right now, so please keep her in your prayers. All of the new missionaries are going to be there, so it should be pretty special. Hopefully we can get lots of our investigators to go as well.

This week I did a division with Elder Barker in Mburucuya, and they live with the office elders. And 2 of the office elders are training their replacements right now, so that house is crazy! Haha it was super fun. I talked with Elder Wing and Elder Horrocks for a while. Pretty sure I will be good friends with them after the mission. Horrocks is just like James Wagstaff, it kills me.

So last night I was going over some of the numbers with one of the district leaders. He is in an area that has always been known as a "tough area". Here in Asuncion, we have a few of those. We were talking about it, and how it is great to go out with excitement, but often that just isn't enough. I brought up Nephi, and the idea of if Nephi and managed to take a fortune to Laban every single time, but just been more excited each time and more convinced it was going to work, he wouldn't have been successful. He had to try new things. Be creative. President Madariaga has made us promises regarding contacts and other things, but if we are doing those things in the same old boring ways, we probably won't see the results. We gotta mix it up. This was some good revelation for me. I know I said it to a district leader, but it was what I needed to hear. Super cool how God answers our prayers.

Enjoy the pictures. Those are my original eccos. They will easily make it to the end of my mission. I am pretty excited about it. That is Gilberto, he is hilarious.

Love you all. Tell Dan hello for me. That means Steve gets home soon. Give all my friends a hug for me! and a kick in the pants!

Love, Elder Naegle




No comments:

Post a Comment