Sunday, March 24, 2013

Email March 18, 2013

Hello Mom,

That is really cool about all the missionaries from the ward! Tell them congrats for me! Good work Niglet on the baseball team. Keep working hard. Tell Dan hello for me. Steve too. I think he gets home this week? Today I bought a nice big old hammock. Big enough for 2! So if there are still any girls that aren't married or on a mission when I get back... A nice snuggle session is in order! haha

So, no baptism this week. Long story, but her mom wigged out a little bit. Maria José is 37, but lives right next to her mom, so it just didn't work out. But she is all good still, we are preparing for the 30th.

This week was good. Our investigator Norma is starting to really progress. She is reading a lot and went to church! Maria Jose was in church as well. Also a man showed up on his own. Fernando visited the Santiago Chile temple and got some sort of lesson there from someone, and liked it. So when he came back from vacation he decided he would stop in. He is more mature... Probably 75 or so, but is super lively and loved the meetings.

I called Hugo and Natividad last night, from Paso de Oro, and they are doing great!!!!!! They both have callings and Hugo received the Melchizedek Priesthood yesterday! It was super great to talk to them.

I am learning many many things here in my mission. I am really loving it. There are a few difficulties here and there, but that is all part of it. I love the story of Samuel the Lamanite. I was reading it these past few days. He got rejected and the Lord told him to go back. He got up on the wall and cried repentance! That is so legit. Quite the missionary. I am doing my best to be even half of the missionary that he was. 

The Church is true. Joseph Smith was a prophet. But most importantly, Jesus Christ is our Savior. I love testifying of Him. My relationship with my Savior is growing a lot and I couldn't be happier about it.

Hope you all have a great week. Hope someone in the ward gets called to the best mission in the world!

Love, Elder Naegle

No comments:

Post a Comment