Monday, April 15, 2013

Email April 15, 2013

Hello there Mom!

So this week was good. It started with an interview with Pres Madariaga. The interview was really different because he was sick with a nasty cold. So after I said the prayer, he told me that I was going to talk for 10 minutes about whatever I wanted... When I realized he wasn't joking I started talking. I spoke in Spanish, he responded in English, which seems kind of backwards but it worked! We talked about many things, and all in all it was a very uplifting experience.

Roque and family are progressing very nicely. Turns out that Roque is trying to get back together with the dad of the 2nd child, Kevin, and it was pretty funny when we met him because we had contacted him about a week earlier. He is a nice guy, but doesn't want to be a part of the church. Luckily he lets everyone go and is supportive. Roque went to church with her 4 kids and they all loved it! Dennis left the meeting and told her that he wants to be a  missionary! Only 4 more years there buddy and you got it!

I did a division in my old area Trinidad this week. We did a service in the house of Julio and Rocio. Remodeling is quite different, and it can be done in about a day! Molina, a Colombian from Medellin didn't tell me we were going to do service so that is why I am wearing a white shirt and eccos... Haha. He asked me, "You are going to do service like that?". I told him that when your shirt has as much time as mine does you just don't really care anymore... 

So that is that. Hope you enjoyed it. I read something really interesting in PMG this week. I have read it before, but it stuck out to me. It is a quote by Pres Packer I think, and it says that we are just trying to connect with the Spirit of Christ as teachers of the gospel. As we do that, the gospel won't be new to people, rather it will have a familiar "ring" to them. This again stressed to me the importance of having the Spirit, and also the importance of members. It seems that they have an ability to connect with people in a much more natural way. So... All you members at home... Love you!!!

Jesus is the Christ.

Love, Elder Naegle



p.s. That is the south mission behind me. Look how much trash is in it.... Love you KO!!!! I realized that every single area of mine except for 1 has bordered the south mission. Kinda cool.



No comments:

Post a Comment