Monday, April 22, 2013

Email April 22, 2013

Hello there Mom,

Everything was in the package as far as I know. I still love socks. I had even saved some for that last little bit. But now I have more. So thanks!

This week was good. We had a good 7 investigators in church. It was great. Roque and her kids were there, Denis and Kevin. Also a woman named Suni with her 2 kids, Tadeo and Tamara. And also the sister of Roque, Emilse. So things are looking pretty good there. Roque's man friend is taking more interest in the church, which was a prayer answered. Roque is down from 40 cigarrettes a day to 1 a day. She is awesome!

This week we saw a miracle. I was on a division with Elder Barco from Ecuador, and I felt the impression to try and call Suni again even though her cell phone wasn't working. She had shown up to church last sunday on her own, and the number she gave me didn't work and when we went to where she lives they told us she had moved 2 months prior. So we didn't know what to do. Anyway, we were close to the house, I stopped to call, ofcourse it didn't work. So we started walking again. As we passed the street, we saw her son coming out of the house. So we ran over, and we found Suni at home. Her relatives lie when people pass by looking for her.... And she didn't realize her phone wasn't working cause she hadn't been able to put saldo on it. So basically.... It was a miracle that we found her again. We taught an awesome lesson, and she came to church again and is pumped for baptism. If I hadn't stopped to call we never would have seen her son...

So. Yeah. I have come to realize the power of prayer. That is what we talked about in priesthood on sunday. Especially about praying in behalf of others. I have seen many prayers answered in my mission, and I know that because of your prayers at home I have been able to come this far. I love the gospel. The mission is awesome.

Got changes... Elder Hanks is my new comp. He is legit. We are going to tear it up my last change. 

Love, Elder Naegle






No comments:

Post a Comment