Thursday, April 11, 2013

Email April 8, 2013


Hello Mom!

Sounds like you had a great time in England and New York! I am happy to hear it. Meanwhile, Elder Naegle was here in Paraguay living it up! No place I would rather be! Not even Bear Lake! Well... Better to not think about it... haha just kidding.

This week was awesome. I turned 21! My birthday landed on conference... oh please... YES!!! Talk about the best birthday a missionary could ask for! I also did a division with Elder Staker. One last one for good old times sake. I think his homecoming is at 9 the first sunday he is home, but not sure. I also gotta check about Hill's. Just some options for you. Not sure if you are going to go to either of them. But they both helped me through my mission in different ways.

Anyway. Back to the week. Friday we ran into a lady and her kids contacting. Her name is Roque. She has 4 kids, the oldest is 14, the youngest is 6 I think. She was super focused during the lesson, and very honest. When the lesson was over, she said, "I have been looking for something in the last little bit, and I think I just found it." It was like music to my ears. I could tell that she felt the Spirit. She promised to go to conference on Sunday, and she did. Her kids didn't get themselves ready, so she had to leave them, but when she got home she sat down with all of them and they talked about how they were going make sure they got to church next sunday. So awesome. Her kids are reading to her because she can't read. And she decided to stop smoking, and we had never said anything about it. In other words, we are pumped! Things have been falling left and right around us, and Heavenly Father led us to a prepared family.

Conference was incredible. I went in with many questions. I left with many answers. Saturday we were in Trinidad, just like old times! (I have spent 3 gc's with Elder Staker, pretty crazy). and Sunday we were in Moroni. I loved President Monson's talk about obedience, as well as many others. One in particular was Elder Bruce D. Porter's, when he talked about being happy and not worrying about the future. I have tried to better my attitude here in the mission and have a better outlook, and well his talk helped me out.

Hope you have a great week. No I still didn't get my package, but Staker was nice enough to give me a Hart and Huntington shirt and the sisters in my zone gave me a guampa for tereré for my birthday. So don't worry, I am taken care of!

I know that Jesus Christ lives. This is His Church. The Book of Mormon is true. So let us be happy!

Love, Elder Naegle


p.s. I think that they weren't thinking about Naegle's when they made the buses here.... I took that picture today of my leg. Enjoy!
Dan emailed me. Joust did too, for my birthday. Benny hasn't emailed in a while. Now we can email whoever we want I guess? I didn't hear anything, but another missionary told me.






No comments:

Post a Comment