Monday, March 12, 2012

Email March 12, 2012*

Hello Mom,

Well to answer your question about the time change here. yes they change. But it will be in April. Last time I had no idea when it was and neither did the Paraguayans.... Hahaha. But anyway. As you will see in my pictures, I didn't go to Saltos today. They moved it to next week because changes are happening. Yes, that is right, we are getting changes tonight. But that is pretty crazy about Nate's Colombia trip. Too bad it was a little more expensive than planned. Yes. I am hitting 9 months. Pretty awesome. I celebrated with the package I got today! Oh yeah! I guess because it wasn't a box, the cartero (kid in the office in charge of the mail) sent it out to me for free. I love free things. But thank you Mom. It was most definitely opened though.... The Paraguayos love to open my stuff. They wrap it up back good though, so that is nice. As far as I know, nothing was stolen though.

Ok. I will explain the pictures. That is a waterfall about 15 minutes outside of Puente Kyjhá. Pretty awesome. There is a member in my branch with a taxi so I worked a deal out for everyone, including Saltos elders to come with us. Check out Richins... He is in the middle of us... Look at that haircut.... hahahahahahaha some guy really messed up. so he is gonna fix that tonight.

Ok. So this week was an awesome one. I am going to start with the funny stories. First one. Well it isn't funny, but I got PK this week. Not sure if that is how you spell it. But that is the little dust sized bug that gets in your foot and lays eggs and stuff. I always wear flip flops, but it still got in there. That was fun digging it out. Sorry, I forgot pictures.

Second. The branch presidents daughter recently returned home from her mission. What does that mean? Tryouts. hahahaha we have had 2 consecutive weekends with return missionaries from Asunción trying to impress her. Great for me. President makes them speak in sacrament mtg. Hahaha

Third. Grandma of Isaías told us that one time she ate a half a kilo of ice cream and almost died. We were dying laughing. I reallly thought she was going to die from laughter, then she stopped and said, but really I almost died. My husband had to take me to the hospital. Then we all lost it again. Haha I reallly love that woman.


Moving on to the serious things. Isaías passed the Sacrament this week. His grandma was there again in church. As well as his companion in school. During the Sacrament, his companion turned to me and said that he would be there every single week. He has a baptismal date for conference weekend. Saturday was the birthday of Isaías, and all the members put something together for him. It was way cool. His mom came, and we have never really been able to talk to her. She thanked us from the bottom of her heart. It was awesome. All the members are really coming together for this family. Apparently his mom was baptized in Caaguazu when she was little. KO shoutout!! But she tells us she wasn't. Anyway. I know that with time she will be softened by the Spirit and get back on the right path. Isaías is helping us so much with the work. It is really awesome. What felt like a dead area 2 changes ago now feels like an awesome one.

I love you all. Hope you have a great week. You might be hearing from me with a different comp next week. Odds are high. Gardner has 4 changes here. But, well you never know here in the Asunción north. Tell KO that I sent him a letter last week so he can take a chill pill. I need to take a chill pill as well. Hotter than heck here. Well gotta go. Love you all.

Love, Elder Naegle





No comments:

Post a Comment