Monday, March 26, 2012

Email March 26, 2012

Dear Mom,

Well a pretty good week here in Paraguay. Sounds like a good week there in Bountiful. So far I am 4 for 4! 4 Americans for companions. Not sure how much that happens in South American missions, but pretty common in ours. Elder Gardner went to Mburucuya, which is the area where the office is. Birthday package, not yet. But we are going to Santani tomorrow for a training from President Madariaga so he should be bringing packages out hopefully. Let us hope. But we'll see.

I got a good chuckle about James. That is pretty awesome. I should have figured he would do something with a crane. Kind of weird to think he will be getting married though.

Well. Alright. This week was pretty good. But it had its challenges. Many plans fell. Many investigators didn't come to church. And well... Life goes on. But that is ok. I will tell you about the good things that happened this week. Tuesday we had a cool experience with Josefa. IsaĆ­as's grandma. We were teaching her and her husband the Word of Wisdom, knowing that she has a smoking problem. After reading in the pamphlet and scriptures for a second, I said, Josefa, do you understand what this means? She says, yes, I can't smoke anymore. Then she stops me and says. You know, I had a dream the other night. I started smoking in my dream, then she looks at me and says, then you were there, and you said, stop that! Throw that away! Haha I love that woman. I also love that God sends dreams to help prepare people. The best part about the whole experience was after, Shumway asks, what just happened? I explained the dream and he started to freak out. He loved it. He thought it was so awesome because it was pretty cool, but it made me pretty happy to see.

Funny thing of the week. Well actually, it is more of a suggestion. And this one is for Bishop Welling. I think all of the ward will enjoy it. A few weeks ago the branch here in Paloma had a birthday party for a little kid during church because that is when everyone is together. Well the whole branch liked the idea of having a snack before sacrament mtg so now for the past few weeks there has been a cake every week hahahahaha. It is pretty funny. So everyone gets a piece of cake after classes, then we have our sacrament mtg. It is great.

Well this week I followed several impressions of the Spirit to talk to people, and we found several new investigators. Finding news in Paloma is always tough, but this week it seemed like a breeze as we were just walking and I just felt like contacting certain people. I am so grateful for the Spirit and that the Lord is helping us in every step of the work as long as we are willing to listen.

I love you all so much. Hope you have a great week. Love you Mom. Happy 28th birthday on Sunday!!!! Love you!!!!

Love, Elder Naegle

No comments:

Post a Comment